HG Harrison Grierson
Consultant Andrew Hickey
Reporting to the CFO, the Finance Manager will be responsible for leading the financial and management reporting for all of Harrison Grierson’s group entities. The purpose of the Finance Manager role will be to provide high level insights into financial reporting to enhance HG’s financial performance and effectiveness. The Finance Manager will also be tasked with leading a small team of accountants in ensuring that all financial reporting and analysis is accurate and delivered on a timely basis.
- Provide the leadership team with strong financial advice, including identifying any financial trends.
- Preparing Statutory Financial Statements to ensure compliance with all financial reporting standards.
- Preparing Corporate Tax returns, including alliance reporting and coordination on any financial and payroll matters.
- Staff management of a team of 3 accountants, ensuring mentoring, coaching and development of these staff members.
- Prepare monthly consolidated financial statements including P&L, Balance Sheet, capital account and cashflow.
- Responsible for intercompany recharges and reconciliations as well as GST, FBT and RWT returns.
- Actively contribute to the completion of ad-hoc projects, initiatives and solutions as determined by the CFO.
- Proactively recommend actions to improve financial systems, policies and processes.
- CA/CPA qualification essential.
- A background in Big 4 audit would be an advantage.
- 5+ years’ proven accounting experience working in a complex NZ environment.
- Strong understanding of NZ Tax legislation.
- Advanced MS Excel skills and excellent knowledge of financial ERP systems.
- Strong relationship building skills and the ability to interact with people across all levels of an organisation.
- Strong leadership skills and proven experience managing a team of finance individuals.
- The ability to take initiative, manage deadlines and prioritise your time effective.
This role provides an excellent leadership opportunity to work in a fantastic NZ owned business. The role offers a competitive salary, car parking and the opportunity to work in a vibrant and modern office, learning from some very impressive leaders.
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence within this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Andrew Hickey on 09 374 7323.