Waikato Institute of Technology
E ngā mana, e ngā reo, e ngā karanga taha maha o te motu, tēnei te korokī ki te hunga kua whāngaihia ki ngā kaimārō o te ao Māori, o te ao takiwā. Tōia mai tō waka kia whītikiria ki te tumu o te Kuratini o Waikato. Tōia mai!
Wintec have made significant inroads as an organisation to better understand how to achieve better outcomes for Māori. We know that we can see greater uplift for our tauira when they see themselves in the environment that they are learning in. Although it’s not the only place that we see Māori culture, the marae is a bastion point for the maintenance and revitalisation of tikanga and te reo Māori. We are interested in hearing from people with a strong desire to support work towards equitable outcomes for Māori and mana-enhancing Te Tiriti o Waitangi partnerships.
About the role
The Marae Taurima will promote and manage the use of Te Kōpū Mānia marae, support the provision of tikanga and kawa and maintain mana-enhancing relationships with internal and external stakeholders and te tiriti partners.
We would like to talk with you if you have demonstrated experience in mātauranga Māori as well as experience in any of the following: managing marae events, teaching and development of tikanga and te reo Māori resources, office management and implementation of communication plans.
You will work with executive staff, corporate units, faculty and support staff, external stakeholders and te tiriti partners to improve outcomes for Māori. Our areas of strategic focus under Tōia Mai include:
• Rangatira (Governance & Leadership)
• Tangata (Learner-Centred Support)
• Kōtahitanga (Partnership & Collaboration)
• Kaiako (Teaching & Learning)
• Poutama (Systems)
• Hangarau (Technology)
This is a permanent part time position working 20 hours per week.
We are looking for a person who:
- Can deliver on the vision of strong and exciting outcomes for Māori students and staff.
- Listens and collaborates to drive change.
- Is a capable planner, monitors and reports on progress.
- Can show our stakeholders and partners how we are delivering for them.
- Will enhance Wintec’s strategic relationships with iwi, hapū, whānau and Māori communities.
- Has experience in tertiary education and understands that tauira are at the heart of what we are here to do.
- Is up for a challenge and thrives on working on new and collective solutions.
In return, Wintec offers
• Workplace flexibility
• Professional development
• An innovative environment where you are encouraged to challenge the status quo
• Opportunities to deliver on significant and meaningful challenges
Working at Wintec
Wintec is an innovative and forward thinking organisation. We embrace change and actively seek out new opportunities to develop and enhance the way we work. We value our connections with the wider community, holding true to our mission to build a strong community through education, research, rangahau and development. If you would like to join our team then apply now!