Pastoral Care Kaimahi
Te Rūnanga o Ngāti Awa
· 15 months fixed term contract
Ko wai mātou I About
Te Rūnanga o Ngāti Awa (Rūnanga / TRONA) is the post settlement governance entity of Ngāti Awa. The Rūnanga is responsible for administering the Tiriti o Waitangi settlement for and on behalf of Ngāti Awa to empower and strengthen Ngāti Awa whanau and hapū and ensure the sustainable management of our collectively held assets to meet the needs of current and future generations.
The Project Management Office manages projects for both TRONA and Ngāti Awa Group Holdings Limited (NAGHL) and is tasked with ensuring all deliverables meet the contractual obligations agreed with funding bodies. One of these key projects is Building Resilient and Sustainable Communities. This project will develop the employment and economic resilience, and overall wellbeing of Ngati Awa whanau by supporting dedicated human resource within Te Runanga o Ngati Awa to identify, investigate, navigate, and facilitate strategic development opportunities in which whanau can participate and thrive.
The Pastoral Care position is a newly created fixed term role within this project.
Whāinga I The opportunity
Reporting to the Programme Manager – PMO, in this role you will be responsible for developing and strengthening relationships with whanau, schools and community agencies, providing better sourced support services for kaimahi/personnel.
Specifically, you will ensure all employees receive appropriate support to access employment, education, and daily living activities. To do this you will ensure information and access to appropriate support and community services. You will work closely with the Transitional Workforce Navigator to create and coordinate a workforce development framework; and also coordinate recruitment activities in the manufacturing space. To do all this you will naturally develop strong and enduring relationships with stakeholders both external and internal and all project kaimahi.
Ōu pukenga I About you
To be successful in this role we are seeking interest from those with:
· Experience in human resources and recruitment
· Pastoral care experience, supporting staff and their well being
· Exceptional integrity and honesty and possess well developed judgement
· Solid organisational skills including time management
· Strong people skills and ability to influence, coach and guide others
· The ability to build and maintain credible relationships with ease
· A high level of accuracy and attention to detail
· A proactive and responsive attitude
· Flexibility, adaptability and with good problem-solving skills
· And above all, a passion for making a difference to the future of the iwi
It goes without saying that you will have drive, energy and an uncompromising focus on health and safety. An understanding of Tikanga Māori and te reo is desirable.
To find out more about this role please call Sandra Diekerhof, Director at HR Connect Limited on 027 52 666 99 or simply apply below.