Geothermal Operations Manager
Lead the operations of our geothermal power stations in Kawerau and help us to keep NZ clean and green!
Eastland Generation is a growing renewable energy business with three geothermal power stations in Kawerau and a hydroelectric station in Wairoa. We are owned by Eastland Group, a major infrastructure company headquartered in Gisborne whose operations include Eastland Port, Gisborne Airport and Eastland Network - the electricity network for Gisborne, Wairoa and the East Coast.
Our generation portfolio has grown, and with an eye to future growth, we are looking for an experienced person to lead our highly skilled and motivated operations team in Kawerau.
You'll lead a small team of operators responsible for getting the best out of our geothermal stations. Our stations are major hazard facilities, so you will not compromise on the highest levels of personnel and plant safety.
In this role, you'll be responsible for:
- Managing and directing the operations team and their activities, which include control of the power stations, routine maintenance and fault finding, carrying out inspections, managing permit to work systems and contractors, and keeping our assets management systems up to date.
- You'll also provide input into a wide range of plant maintenance, operational procedure, planning and change activities.
To be successful in this role, you will:
- Have demonstrated leading and developing high performing teams in process operations, electricity generation or related industries
- Be able to get the best out of people, create collaborative environments and build strong relationships with our partners, suppliers and contractors.
- Have strong leadership and communications skills, both written and verbal, be able to relate well to a wide range of people and hold an unwavering approach to safety
While this role is mainly during business hours, some out of hours and weekend work is possible.
Our aim is to make good things happen for our customers, shareholder, and the communities in which we live and work.
If you wish to work for a company with a focus on sustainability and believe you are a perfect fit for this position, please apply.
To apply for this job go to: https://eastlandcareers.nz/Vacancies and enter ref code: 5630099
Applications close 26 September 2021