Business Applications Technical Lead
Salary $110,000 - $135,000 per annum
Consultant Tom Bailey
The Auckland Council ICT team has an opportunity for a Business Applications Technical Lead, who will play an integral role in supporting the delivery management of a wide range of applications (200) across a variety of customers and departments. This is a unique role where the successful candidate will have functional and technical experience in ICT and be leading technical implementation of projects/products. This person will also be mentoring and coaching junior-mid level employees.
• Be Auckland Councils product expert for the solutions used by various divisions.
• Work closely with key business and other ICT stakeholders in a SAFe environment to prioritise the work for the support teams, which will be a mix of iterative enhancements, new feature development & BAU support.
• Run daily stand-up’s, sprint planning, backlog grooming & retrospectives.
• Take ownership on the delivery process from costing, planning, solution design through to implementation.
• Handles majority of contract negotiation, vendor management and engaging with business customers.
• Play an active role in managing communications and coordinating restoration activities during high priority events and incidents.
• Leading solutions and leading the business to understand what is out there and what options they can use.
• Contribute to the vision for Council’s business divisions and become the trusted technical advisor to your business stakeholders.
Skills & experience:
• 10+ years of hands-on experience in IT 7+ years of technical/functional experience in business applications and integration
• Experience leading teams in an agile methodology
• Preferably experience in RFP and contracts management with technology vendors.
• Solid exposure in SaaS solutions management and involvement in business process re-engineering
• Prior experience in a Technical Lead, Solutions Architect Product Owner as well as Project Management
• A competitive base salary
• Rewarding company culture
• Flexible work arrangements
• Work on leading transformation projects
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence in this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Tom Bailey on 09 374 7329.