Intermediate Commercial Lawyer
Maritime New Zealand
Consultant Jess Vernal
Maritime NZ is the national regulatory, compliance and response agency responsible for the safety, security and environmental protection of New Zealand’s seas, rivers, and lakes. Our maritime environment is vital to New Zealand’s prosperity, security and social wellbeing - providing valuable employment, trade, tourism and recreational opportunities. Maritime NZ's mission is to lead and support the maritime community to take responsibility for ensuring our seas, rivers and lakes are safe, secure and clean, on behalf of all New Zealanders.
Mō tēnei tūranga | About this role
Maritime NZ is currently looking for an Intermediate Commercial Lawyer to join their legal team. The legal team manages a diverse range of commercial, enforcement, and public law (including international) matters, providing a broad range of legal services to assist Maritime NZ in achieving safe, secure and clean seas.
The key responsibilities in this position will include:
- Advising on commercial, property and procurement matters
- Drafting and reviewing legal documentation, including property contracts and commercial agreements
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with the in-house legal team, relevant Government Departments and external legal providers
- Attending and participating in regional conferences and seminars
You will join a collegial environment and receive support from various Senior lawyers within the legal team. There is also a clear pathway for development and progression. Maritime NZ take flexible working seriously and have offices dotted all over New Zealand. Ideally, this role will be full-time but Maritime NZ are open to considering alternative working arrangements for the right person.
Mōhou ake | About you
To be successful in this role, you need to be able to demonstrate the following:
- 2+ years post-admission experience
- Experience advising on commercial contracts, procurement and property matters
- A demonstrated understanding of the machinery of government
- Analytical, detail-oriented and ability to interpret legislation
- Ability to develop strong working relationships with stakeholders and other externals
- A current practicing certificate, or eligibility to obtain one
Maritime NZ has exclusively partnered with Robert Walters. Jess Vernal is managing the recruitment of this position. For a confidential discussion, please call Jess on 04 471 9756 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence within this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Jess Vernal on 04 471 9756.