Location Christchurch Central
Consultant Kerry Ellis
New opportunity for in-house role seeking candidates with the below competencies and experience: * 3-5 years PQE * Good understanding for legal compliance OIA and Privacy Act. * Accurate and analytical approach to law and problem solving * EXCELLENT written, verbal and listening skills * Able to work under pressure and adapt to changing needs and priorities
Skills and Experience
We are interested in talking to candidates with some of the competencies and experience below:
- A law degree and 3 to 5 years post admission work experience in either a law firm or in-house legal team
- The ability to deal with legal compliance issues (including familiarity with the Official Information Act 1982 and the Privacy Act 2020)
- A good all round knowledge of New Zealand law and legal processes
- An accurate and analytical approach to the law and problem solving
- An ability to think and act strategically, commercially and pragmatically while exercising sound legal judgement
- Excellent written, verbal and listening skills
- An ability to express complex legal concepts clearly to a diverse range of people
- A demonstrated ability to develop and manage relationships with key stakeholders both internally and externally
- An ability to work under pressure and adapt to constantly changing needs and priorities
- Personal integrity and the ability to maintain confidentiality
- Positive, proactive, principled and confident in their decision making.
- Someone who deals with the tasks at hand and gets things done accurately, efficiently and effectively while responding to constantly changing needs and priorities.
- Able to develop and maintain strong relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Agile, dynamic, and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to handle pressure, cope with competing demands, prioritise work and meet deadlines.
We are an equal opportunity employer and will consider applicants looking for a part-time or full-time opportunity.
Term of opportunity
Fixed contract to 31 December 2022. There is the potential for further services to be required after this date, but this is not guaranteed.
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications and in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence within the timeframe, please do not hesitate to contact Kerry Ellis on +6433635022.