Waikato Institute of Technology
Wintec’s Te Kura Mō Ngā Mahi Tiaki I Te Hapori (Centre for Health and Social Practice) is seeking a highly motivated Midwifery Educator to join the Centre’s inter-professional management team, based in Hamilton.
Work at Wintec
One of New Zealand’s leading tertiary institutes, Wintec’s focus is on innovation and a future vision. You and your teaching colleagues will be in close touch with real-world practice and development. You will have the support for enhancing your own credentials as well as opportunities for networking at many levels and across multiple disciplines.
Lead change, shape the world at Wintec – apply now and accept a teaching challenge
About the role
We are looking for a midwifery lecturer to join our team for the Wintec’s Bachelor of Midwifery programme. We have a commitment to excellence in our teaching and support of midwifery students. This is your opportunity to experience working as part of the midwifery teaching team to support midwifery students in their journey to become a registered midwife.
Bring your professional midwifery knowledge and skills, and can-do attitude to shape and educate the next generation of midwives.
You will work with students to support their learning by providing teaching within the degree programme and facilitating student problem solving, reflection on practice and skills development. You will value working collaboratively in a team and ongoing development of your own knowledge and skills.
This position is for either an Academic Staff Member or a Senior Academic Staff Member, that latter requires you to have postgraduate qualifications and teaching experience.
Are you an ideal candidate?
We are looking for a Registered Midwife with at least five years’ experience who is passionate about midwifery education and has the following:
- NZ registration with current annual practising certificate
- Confident with clinical, face to face and the online teaching environment
- A passion for supporting students to succeed
- Relevant teaching experience, professional development for an Adult Tertiary Teaching certificate can be provided
- Either holds a Masters’ or PhD degree or is currently engaged in ongoing or committed to start post graduate education
- Knowledge of Te Reo and Tikanga Māori would be an advantage
- Commitment to working in a Te Tiriti honouring programme
This position is permanent part time 0.6 FTE (3 days, 22.50 hours per week) and based in Hamilton.
Applications close when the position is filled.