Port Protection Officer
Take this opportunity to work for an organisation that knows the value of its people.
Eastland Port is part of Eastland Group, which specialises in regional infrastructure in the maritime, aviation and energy sectors. We aim to deliver consistent growth and excellent returns to our shareholder, Trust Tairāwhiti, for the ultimate benefit of the whole community.
Our Port Protection team is responsible for providing a safe and secure port. We are looking for a Security Officer with a great work ethic and eye for detail to join our 24 hour, 7 day a week operation.
- Watching cameras for unsafe situations and security breaches Confirming identities of all individuals entering the Port Facility Conducting inspections
- Harbour control and gatehouse duties
- Report writing of incidents
- Patrolling the Port and conduct all other security tasks
As a dedicated professional, you will bring to the role:
- Skills to work well in a team environment
- Ability to deal with conflict and pressure situations Clear written and spoken communication skills
- A keen eye for noticing things out of the ordinary
CCTV and RF Radio knowledge, Security Licence and First Aid Certificate are preferred, but not essential.
This position involves 12-hour shifts, working 4 days on, 4 days off, nightshift and dayshift.
Applicants should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa and a clean criminal history.
Eastland Group offers excellent conditions of employment and competitive remuneration.
If you would like to join a company that has a focus on sustainability and contributes to the community, please apply today.
To apply for this job go to: https://eastlandcareers.nz/Vacancies & enter ref code: 5569418.