Vaccinator - Covid19 : WAI16999
Waikato District Health Board
Job Number : WAI16999
Where you’ll be based: Multiple Waikato locations. When applying please put preferred location/s
The details: Full or part time options, fixed term 3-6 months with view to extend
We are looking for Vaccinators to support our Covid 19 vaccine implementation programme. This will be the largest vaccination campaign in New Zealand's history, and we need your help to ensure a free vaccine is available to everyone in Aotearoa.
If you are an authorised or provisional vaccinator we would love to hear from you!
If you are a nurse interested in adding to your current skill set you will have strong support and full training is provided; including an online course and in person training session to become a qualified vaccinator.
Duties will include:
- To administer or support Covid 19 vaccination
- Working with other agencies supporting the wellbeing of the Waikato DHB community
- Referring and liaising with other health agencies e.g. GP's, pharmacy, NGO's, laboratory etc. as required
- Acute response
- Documentation and handover needs
In order to apply, you must:
- Hold NZ registration and a current Annual Practicing Certificate (or be eligible to gain registration and APC before commencing)
- Be eligible to work in New Zealand
- Be available to work a range of shifts either full or part time. Please let me us know in your application
- Computer skills are essential
The Waikato District Health Board (DHB) is one of the largest of 20 DHBs in New Zealand. We plan, fund and provide health and disability support services to a population of more than 400,000. We run five hospitals across the district – a tertiary hospital in Hamilton, a secondary hospital in Thames, and three rural hospitals in Te Kuiti, Taumarunui, and Tokoroa.
We are a values based and inclusive organisation that is committed to deliver the best health outcomes for our total population. To do this we are working hard to develop a robust and capable workforce that reflects the population we serve. We strongly encourage applicants from all backgrounds with the necessary capability and who share our values to apply and would greatly value seeing more applicants from our Māori communities.
To register your interest, please apply online and attach the following documents to your application:
- Vaccinator Authorisation Certificate (ARPHS), and/or Provisional Vaccinator Certificate (IMAC) if you have it
- Latest CV and cover letter detailing your skillset related to vaccination
- CPR Certificate but training will also be available as part of orientation
For any queries about the process please contact Aleisha Mahy in the Recruitment Team at Aleisha.firstname.lastname@example.org
Theme “People at Heart” – Te iwi Ngakaunui
- Give and earn respect - Whakamana
- Listen to me; talk to me – Whakarongo
- Fair play – Mauri Pai
- Growing the good – Whakapakari
- Stronger together – Kotahitanga