Senior Advisor – Youth
Full-time, permanent, Wellington
Do you want to play a pivotal role for young adults transitioning from care?
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Advisor to join our Transition Support Service team. Launched in July 2019, the Transition Support Service supports young people aged 18-25 as they age out of care and/or custody. This role is vital to supporting the outcomes of these young people as they transition to adulthood.
Mō te tūnga - About the role
As the Senior Advisor Youth, you will support key transition related programmes and initiatives across Oranga Tamariki particularly focus on young parents. Being part of system that supports young people to make this transition can be rewarding. By applying your experience and skill in youth development you will be instrumental in addressing system barriers that impede young people's opportunities to flourish. Understanding the machinery of government will be an advantage.
You will do this by:
- providing advice on quality practice in the youth, young adult and young parent area
- providing advice on enhancing access to universal and community services for young adults transitioning from care to adulthood including young parents
- working closely with the regional teams and across Oranga Tamariki to identify and promote opportunities to improve outcomes for young people and young parents
- working to maximise our engagement with iwi hapu and community groups to advance our commitment to section 7AA of the Oranga Tamariki Act
- maximising the outcomes that can be achieved from governments spend in the sector.
Ngā pūmanawatanga ōu - What you will bring
- Post-graduate qualification relevant to role and or similar qualifications
- A thorough understanding of youth development principals, youth issues and the youth development sector
- Understanding of an involvement in a social sector setting and quality of social service delivery in communities
- High developed analytical skills and a demonstrated commitment to developing and maintaining specialist skills and knowledge in own area of expertise
- Ability to produce and recognise high quality written work and provide peer support and coaching to colleagues
- Knowledge and understanding of Oranga Tamariki obligation to achieving section 7AA of the Oranga Tamariki
- Ability to recognise strengths, weaknesses and develop plans to aid in personal and career growth
- Experience of office based skills, organisational processes (Skills in Microsoft Office, budgeting, administration)
Nōu te rourou - What's in it for you
Oranga Tamariki is a values based Ministry that put the wellbeing of tamariki, rangatahi and whānau first. We believe aroha is vital, we value whakapapa and respect the mana of our people. Along with a remuneration between $73,699 - $110,549 you will be given the opportunity to support tamariki, rangatahi and their whānau. You will have the opportunity to work flexibly with a supportive team and collaborate with communities partners, iwi and Māori to deliver best outcomes and practically apply our commitment to Te Tiriti o Waitangi. To see all of our employee benefits visit the about us section of our careers page.
Me pēhea te tuku tono - How to apply
Please apply through the 'apply button' and upload your CV and cover letter to our applicant tracking system, emailed applications will not be accepted.
Internal Applicants, ensure you apply with your Oranga Tamariki email.If you have any questions about the role, please contact Roxana Anderson on firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close Monday, 9 August 2021.