Senior Analyst Research & Evaluation – Pacific (38315)
Ministry of Social Development
The Ministry of Social Development is a people-centred organisation. We’re in communities across the motu, working with partners to help New Zealanders be safe, strong and independent.
We provide social policy and advice to government and assistance, including income, employment and housing support to people of all ages, families, whānau and communities.
As a Te Tiriti o Waitangi partner we are committed to supporting and enabling Māori, whānau, hapū, Iwi and communities to realise their own potential and aspirations.
Our people are as diverse as the communities we serve. We care about the wellbeing and success of our people and provide a supportive and inclusive working environment where people can thrive and be who they are.
About the role
- Bring your Pacific centred research and evaluation expertise and experience to make a difference across the social sector
- Varied, challenging and a highly rewarding role
- MSD is committed to supporting Pacific peoples, families, and communities to thrive and flourish in Aotearoa.
We are increasing our Pacific capability to deliver research and evaluation that reflects the aspirations of the MSD Pacific Prosperity Action Plan, connecting and collaborating to build effective relationships that achieve better Pacific outcomes.
To support this, we are looking for a Senior Analyst to join our Research and Evaluation team to develop and lead this new and exciting work program.
Our Purpose: Manaaki tangata, manaaki whānau. We help New Zealanders to be safe, strong and independent.
MSD services make a real difference to the lives of New Zealanders. Our work is challenging with high risks and high public expectations - but we are passionate about it. We are guided by Te Pae Tawhiti – MSD’s strategic direction, which focuses on three areas:
- Mana manaaki – A positive experience every time
- Kotahitanga – Partnering for greater impact
- Kia takatū tātou – Supporting long-term social and economic development.
We are an organisation that puts people first and that includes our staff. We’re committed to providing a diverse work environment that's supportive and helps you to develop.
The Research and Evaluation team’s exciting work program involves undertaking research and evaluation to inform decision-making in areas of critical importance to New Zealander’s wellbeing. Our work areas include:
- Evaluating the effectiveness of MSD’s employment and income support programs.
- Developing evaluation frameworks and evidence to support family violence and sexual violence services.
- Supporting the monitoring and evaluation of the initiatives in the Families Package.
- Supporting policy and service decisions with evidence about young people, older people, and people with health and disability issues.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for an experienced Pacific social sector practitioner to take on a newly established permanent role within the MSD Research and evaluation team. The Senior Analyst will lead programmes of work, undertake analysis and provide advice on complex projects, policy and service delivery initiatives. There will be a specific focus on Pacific thought leadership, strategy and analysis.
Working with our operational colleagues in the Pacific directorate is a crucial part of this role. As we support their delivery of programs and policies through robust evidence.
You will bring the following skills and experience to the role;
- Strong cultural competencies, focussing on Pasifika, ideally with ability to speak a language from a Pacific nation.
- Degree in social sciences or a related field.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Research skills such as relationship building, recruitment, data gathering and qualitative analysis.
- Demonstrated commitment to Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
- Sensitivity to and respect for cultural and other differences between people.
- The ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Experience providing mentoring and support to develop others in the team.
If this sounds like you, please send us your CV and a letter telling us how your skills and experience match our capability needs.
How to apply
Applications close: Sunday 8 August 2021
Internal MSD Employees – please apply through your myHR portal at work. This will ensure that your myHR employee profile is visible as internal candidate.
External Candidates – (including Ministry for Children Oranga Tamariki employees) must apply directly through our MSD careers page at https://jobs.msd.govt.nz
Joining MSD means being part of a whānau that celebrates the diversity each individual represents. We show manaaki, we care about the wellbeing and success of people and want everyone to thrive, and be who they are in a supportive and inclusive working environment. We work together to make a difference for communities while doing the right thing with integrity. We are a Treaty partner committed to strengthening relationships with Māori, Hapū, Iwi and communities to realise their own potential and aspirations.
If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to tell us when you apply so we can assist you through the recruitment process.