Senior Communications Advisor
Gisborne District Council
Businesses talk about Culture – We live it.
Here at Gisborne District Council, we pull our values from the community we serve. It makes sense then that we are enthusiastic about culture in our workplace. Family and inclusivity are deep seated in our culture. We work hard together to make our people proud and our whanau are why we are so passionate about what we do for the community here at Gisborne District Council.
We are currently looking for a Senior Communications Advisor to join our growing team and help shape the future of our region. You will be well supported by a team that prides ourselves on nurturing an inclusive workspace that embraces innovation and creativity, so bring your passion and leading-edge ideas to Gisborne District Council.
A bit about you: You’re looking for your next challenge in your communications career where you can continue to make a positive impact for your customers and communities. You have the experience to plan and implement innovative communications strategies. With the ability to connect with people through your writing and creative excellence, you tell powerful stories that inspire and inform when it matters most.
Your day will look like: How you want it to look. Here we want our staff to manage their time the way it suits them, while successfully managing a range of projects and issues with other talented and passionate people from all over the country and world.
What we offer:
- Full time permanent role because we know that job stability is important.
- Flexible working hours to enjoy our tranquil and beautiful surroundings and spending time with your greatest supporters; your whanau.
- Flexibility to work on a range of different projects and tasks, no day will be the same and we encourage you to get stuck in to anything that piques your interest.
- Career progression, training and development to continue your learning and inspire those that come after you.
- A career path that can adapt as you grow new skills and discover fresh interests.
Who we are:
Gisborne District Council is the local government, both district and regional authority for Tairāwhiti, New Zealand. We are the proud winners of the 2019 LGNZ Excellence Awards, for our work to grow and promote the well-being of our community and people. With more and more people choosing Tairāwhiti for its lifestyle, environment and culture, it’s an exciting time to be joining our thriving and diverse region. At Gisborne District Council, we see you as more than a cog in the wheel; you are a valued voice for your whanau and community.
- Bring your whole self to work: we celebrate this and all it means.
- Represent our diverse community and be the guardian of our rich heritage.
- Have a hand in our legacy for Tairāwhiti Tāngata and lead the region now and into the future.
So, what are you waiting for? Now is your opportunity to help shape the future of our region. Will you join us?
Please apply online via
Applications close: 10am Monday 9 August 2021.
For further information please contact Fraser Hopkins.