Advisor | Integrated Data
Mō mātou | About Us
As New Zealand's national statistics office, Tatauranga Aotearoa Stats NZ is uniquely positioned to support the decisions that the Government, Māori and Iwi organisations, businesses, NGO's and New Zealanders make every day. Our structure, culture and systems are designed with collaboration and customers in mind - mobilised and working together to realise our ambition: About Aotearoa, for Aotearoa - data that improves lives today and for generations to come.
Mō te tūnga | The role
We're looking for an Advisor to join our Data Unit. This role is permanent and based in Wellington.
In these roles, you will be working on strategic initiatives relating to the future of integrated data, as well as be involved across Stats NZ on high priority work. You will help us identify and drive customer-focussed development projects, lead small teams to deliver work and support Managers with team planning and development. The Advisor role will include support of the Integrated Data external advisory groups.
These roles require individuals who are highly flexible, able to adapt their skills across a wide range of work. You will have strong self-management capabilities and be able to balance reactive work against other priorities. You will have excellent relationship management skills as a key component of the role is supporting strategic direction and influencing a collaborative approach across the business and the wider system, proactively and effectively.
Starting Salary: $70,131 - $75,081 negotiable, dependent on skills and experience.
Mōu | About you
You'll need to be able to quickly come to terms with technical information and be able to communicate that to non-technical audiences.
Below are the range of skills and capabilities that we're looking for:
- quickly understanding and analysing needs, able to come up with options, criteria, and recommended actions, delivered through clear, well-informed advice
- intellectual prowess; able to synthesise information efficiently and effectively
- customer focussed, with the ability to understand pain points and drivers, and identify and drive key improvements
- a strategic thinker who can connect the day-to-day work of the unit to the bigger picture and look outside the organisation to identify where we need to focus in future
- a skilled networker who can build connections across Stats NZ and beyond
- proven experience in developing and maintaining relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
- ability to challenge the Management team and find ways of doing things better
- excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills. Ability to communicate complex ideas to a variety of audiences and build and maintain rapport with others.
- bring your own unique set of skills - we would love someone with niche or subject matter expertise, and the ability to bring the best out of your peers
- knowledge/familiarity or a commitment to learning/understanding a Te Ao Māori worldview, in order to understand and contribute meaningful work and outcomes for Māori communities.
You'll be joining an inclusive environment where people, regardless of gender, race, disability, religion, or background are supported to be able to do their best work. This includes:
- Flexible by default, balance life and work commitments
- Exciting and meaningful work that makes a difference to Aotearoa
- Opportunity to develop and grow your career (coaching culture, study support, secondments, acting up)
- Opportunity to join various social, network and support groups (toastmasters, multi-cultural, social group)
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to apply
If the above matches your skills and experience, don't delay, click apply now.
Any questions that haven't been answered in this advert or the position description or if you have difficulty with your application please email email@example.com.
We will be screening applications as we receive them in order to move swiftly to interview shortly after the advert closes on 2nd August 2021 at 23:55pm but may be removed earlier. You may be asked to complete pre-interview screen.
Check out our careers site to find out more about Tatauranga Aotearoa Stats NZ.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: unsolicited CVs will not be accepted, see our careers site for our process.
You must have the right to live and work in Aotearoa New Zealand to apply for this job.