Kaiarahi - Mātauranga Māori Teaching Mentor
EIT Hawkes Bay
E ngā pūkenga, e ngā pouako,
Ki te ngākanu nui koe ki ngā mātauranga o te ao Māori.
Tono mai, tono mai.
Develop, guide and carry out and/or support the teaching of Te Reo, tikanga Māori and mātauranga Māori content in programmes and courses at Te Kura Kaupapa Mātauranga, Pāpori me Te Whare Tiaki Kararehe.
Te Aho a Māui has a permanent appointment @ approximately 0.5 or 0.6 of full-time for you to:
- Participate in the development of course materials to align with internal and external mātauranga Māori requirements
- Assist in the delivery of mātauranga Māori in programmes within the School.
- Assist with the School’s te reo Māori, tikanga, ako, ahurea and Te Tiriti o Waitangi capability development
- Become a key member of the EIT Mātauranga Maōri development forum, hosted by the Executive Director of Māori, and Māori Student Success team.
Ideally you will have:
- A high level of skill and knowledge in te reo Māori me ōna tikanga.
- Teaching experience and knowledge of curriculum development including mātauranga Maōri
- An understanding of and the ability to demonstrate culturally responsive pedagogy
- A degree or higher qualification
There will be opportunities for you to carry out research and for personal development where growing your own mātauranga Māori is encouraged and celebrated.
Applications close 8 August. For a job description and to apply please click on the link provided.