Ministry of Social Development
The Ministry of Social Development is a people-centred organisation. We’re in communities across the motu, working with partners to help New Zealanders be safe, strong and independent.
We provide social policy and advice to government and assistance, including income, employment and housing support to people of all ages, families, whānau and communities.
As a Te Tiriti o Waitangi partner we are committed to supporting and enabling Māori, whānau, hapū, Iwi and communities to realise their own potential and aspirations.
Our people are as diverse as the communities we serve. We care about the wellbeing and success of our people and provide a supportive and inclusive working environment where people can thrive and be who they are
Systems Engineer - Linux
Multiple roles - Auckland or Wellington based
The Ministry provides a dynamic and evolving environment with complexity and size that will challenge and reward you. We support business critical systems, provide leadership in the development and delivery of business application solutions and have a total focus on excellence in customer service.
An overview of your responsibilities:
- Do your part to configure and run the Ministry's centralised enterprise Linux Systems, including the integration and administration of HP SANs.
- Work with rich and varied set of technologies with virtual server configurations.
- Work with virtualisation technologies supporting Redhat operating systems.
- Work closely with wider operation groups and scrum masters including in-house Middleware and Database Administrators.
What you will bring to the role:
You will need to have substantial experience in Linux Systems Administration, preferably in large scale environments using centralised configuration management software and experience with infrastructure including SAN arrays and fabrics, enclosures, blades, and a range of backup devices.
- Experience with VMware.
- Competence with Red Hat Enterprise Linux. (Scale = hundreds of VM).
- Competence with Logical Volume Managers in multiple platforms (Linux, HPUX, Solaris, and MS Windows environments).
- Understanding Networking, SAN.
- Ability to backup and recover company data.
- Monitoring and integration knowledge into the likes of Nagios, HPE SIM, HPE IRS and HPE One View.
- Experience using HPE enclosures and blades.
- Experience using configuration management tools, i.e. Satellite, Puppet or alternatives.
- Experience deploying and supporting cloud based service offerings.
- 3PAR knowledge.
What we offer:
- Work alongside a supportive team of highly skilled professionals.
- Be supported and encourage to develop your skills and career.
- We support flexible working opportunities
- Be part of an evolving environment with complexity and size that will challenge and reward you.
We are looking for trusted and experienced extra cover within some of the applications our team support.
Our scheduling systems(Control M), Payroll and Financial, secure exchanges with other organisations.
The new heads towards infrastructure and compliance as code.
Securing our systems though patching remains a core component of this role.
All applications must be made online. If this is not possible or if you have any queries, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you.
Applications close: Monday, 2 August 2021.
Joining MSD means being part of a whānau that celebrates the diversity each individual represents. We show manaaki, we care about the wellbeing and success of people and want everyone to thrive, and be who they are in a supportive and inclusive working environment. We work together to make a difference for communities while doing the right thing with integrity. We are a Treaty partner committed to strengthening relationships with Māori, Hapū, Iwi and communities to realise their own potential and aspirations.
If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to tell us when you apply so we can assist you through the recruitment process.