Kaitohutohu Matua Pāhekoheko Māori / Senior Māori Integration Advisor
Greater Wellington Regional Council
Come and help us make a difference!
WREMO is a semi-autonomous body funded by the region's nine councils and administered by the Greater Wellington Regional Council. It is tasked with leading and coordinating the Civil Defence Emergency Management (CDEM) effort of the nine councils of the Wellington region. The CDEM Act 2002 directs the region's nine councils to take steps to develop and maintain an effective level of capability across the “4Rs” of comprehensive emergency management: Reduction, Readiness, Response and Recovery. It also requires councils to be part of a CDEM Group - a collection of entities who work together to achieve better community outcomes before, during and after an emergency.
The wellbeing of whānau, hapū and iwi is critical for a resilient Aotearoa New Zealand. This role will shape and influence how the Wellington CDEM Group better integrates the capability of mana whenua and Māori into existing governance and response structures, develops targeted training, builds staff capacity and capability, and achieves better community outcomes. The integration of Te Aō Māori across our entire work programme is a key focus for both WREMO and the wider CDEM sector.
This role will:
- Provide support and advice on how to engage mana whenua and mātāwaka within the Wellington region to build and strengthen relationships, improve resilience and develop integrated CDEM systems and processes.
- Liaise directly with iwi / Māori advisors in each of the region's nine councils in the Wellington region, iwi advisors at National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA), other government agencies and emergency services, business and industry (as appropriate), plus CDEM partner organisations (e.g. Lifelines etc.).
To be successful in this role you will need to have:
- significant experience working with mana whenua and mātāwaka to achieve mutually beneficial outcomes;
- pre-existing relationships with mana whenua and mātāwaka in the Wellington Region (desirable);
- a high level of Te Aō Māori competency, including cultural and language practices;
- some experience of managing projects;
- the ability to successfully build and maintain effective working relationships with various stakeholders ranging from members of the community to governance boards;
- experience of working in teams which at times may be under high levels of stress;
- experience building effective working relationships;
- strong facilitation and presentation skills; and
- a positive and constructive approach, focused on finding solutions.
This role is a fixed term role for 12 months. If you have any questions regarding the role please contact Jess Hare on (027) 484 6822 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close: Sunday, 1 August 2021.
Only people with the right to work in New Zealand may apply for this position. For advice on obtaining a New Zealand work or residence visa, please visit www.immigration.govt.nz
Kaitohutohu Matua Pāhekoheko Māori
Haere mai ki te āwhina i a mātou kia wana ai!
He rōpū āhua motuhake a WREMO e whai pūtea ana i ngā kaunihera ā-rohe e iwa e whakahaeretia ana e Te Pane Matua Taiao. Ko tāna mahi, ko te ārahi, ko te whakahaere hoki i ngā mahi haumaru (CDEM) o ngā kaunihera e iwa o te rohe o Pōneke. Ko te ture CDEM 2002 e whakahau ana i ngā kaunihera ā-rohe e iwa ki te whakarite, ki te whakahaere hoki he raukaha tika ki te whakahaere i te 4R's o te raruraru: ko te Reduction(whakaiti), ko te Readiness (whakarite), ko te Response (whakautu), ko te Recovery (whakaora). E tohutohu ana hoki kia uru atu ngā kaunihera ki roto i te rōpū CDEM – he huinga hinonga ka mahi tahi ki te whai hua ake mō te hapori i mua, i ā te raruraru, i muri hoki i te whawhati tata.
Ko te oranga nui o te whānau, hapū, iwi he mea hirahira kia manawaroa ai a Aotearoa. Mā tēnei tūranga e whakaahua, e whakaaweawe te rōpū CDEM o Pōneke ki te whakakotahi ki te raukaha o te mana whenua, o te Māori hoki i roto i ngā mana whakahaere me ngā ratonga, ā, ka whakapakaritia tikatia, ka whakangungua ngā āheinga, ngā raukaha hoki o ngā kaimahi kia nui ake ai ngā hua mō te hapori. Ko te whakakotahi i Te Ao Māori ki roto i ngā hōtaka mahi he mea arotau mō te WREMO me te rāngai CDEM whānui.
Me pēnei te tūranga nei:
- Ka tautoko, ka kōrero hoki me pēhea e tūhono atu ki te mana whenua, ki ngā mātāwaka hoki ki roto i te rohe o Pōneke ki te whakatū, ki te whakapakari i te whanaungatanga, ki te whakanui ake i te manawaroa, ki te waihanga i te pāhekoheko o ngā pūnaha, tukanga hoki o CDEM.
- Hei takawaenga me ngā iwi / kaitohutohu Māori ki roto i ngā kaunihera ā-rohe e iwa o Pōneke, me ngā kaitohutohu iwi ki Te Rākau Whakamarumaru (NEMA), me ngā umanga kāwanatanga, ratonga whawhati tata, me ngā rōpū pakihi, ahumahi hoki, tae noa ki ngā rangapū o CDEM (pēnei i a Lifelines).
Kia angitu ai koe ki roto i tēnei tūranga, me whai pūkenga pēnei:
- He tautōhito ki te mahi tahi ki te mana whenua, mātāwaka hoki ki te whakatutuki i ngā painga mō te katoa;
- He ara whanaunga kē ōu ki te mana whenua me ngā mātāwaka ki te rohe o Pōneke (he hiahia);
- He mātau nōu ki Te Ao Māori, tae noa ki ngā tikanga me te reo;
- He mōhiotanga ki te whakahaere kaupapa;
- He pūkenga ki te whakatū, ki te whakahaere i te mahi tahi angitu i waenga i te hunga whaipānga pērā i ngā mema o te hapori me ngā poari mana whakahaere;
- He wheako ki te mahi tahi hei rōpū mahi me te whakahaere pōkaikaha i ētahi wā;
- He wheako anō ki te whakatū i te mahinga tahitanga tika;
- He toa ki te whakahaere, ki te whakaatu kaupapa; ā,
- He ngākau pai, pono hoki ki te kimi whakataunga.
He tūranga mō te 12 marama anake. Mehemea he pātai āu e pā ana ki tēnei tūranga, tēnā, whakapā atu ki a Jess Hare (027)484 6822, imēra rānei email@example.com
Ka kati ngā tono hei te Rātapu, 1 o Hereturikōkā 2021.