Policy Manager | Te Kupenga | Māori Economic Development
Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment
Ka tangi te tītī, Ka tangi te kākā, Ka tangi hoki mātou Tihei Mauriora!
- Lead Te Kupenga policy domain - provide policy advice, drive a diverse range of activity and allocate resources
- Enable cross-Ministry co-ordination to maximise the contribution that the team makes to MBIE's outcomes and government goals
- Be part of an effective and high-performing branch that is known for making a difference for & with Māori
The Māori Economic Development Unit works across government to deliver the greatest outcomes for Māori economic development and He kai kei aku ringa – The Crown-Māori Economic Growth Partnership. Be part of a team that will help bring both economic and social policy spectrums together in a way that focusses the Government's resource and effort on those most in need, with programmes and services that get outcomes and have evidence to support success.
We are a busy team, with a broad and interesting work programme. We place strong value on producing excellent work, collaboration, and above all a passion for Māori economic development and growing New Zealand for all. We work across MBIE, Ministers, government agencies, NGOs, Māori and the private sector to fast track the Māori economy.
Who we're looking for
We are looking candidates for who can apply their skills across a wide range of issues.
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Knowledge of tikanga Māori, kaitiakitanga, wairuatanga, manaakitanga and iwitanga
- Experience working with Māori communities, iwi, hāpu, key Māori organisations, and experience of working within a policy and service delivery government agency
- Proven leadership skills including demonstrated ability to develop trust and creditability with senior stakeholders, work alongside others and to engage and motive staff
- Experience managing within the machinery of government, collaborating within and across agencies.
We also value
- Experience working in a policy or advisory context in the state sector.
- Strong relationship management and influencing skills, including with Ministers, senior officials, internal and external stakeholders with the ability to engage with and take into account a diverse range of perspectives
- A track record of working effectively in a complex and fast-paced policy environment
- Experience and leadership of an appropriate level for the role
In return, we offer you
Our branch has a great culture. We value diversity of thinking and background. We collaborate and support each other, and we make sure everyone has the chance to develop and to take on new challenges. We encourage excellence and proactively support professional development. We'll help you manage a healthy work-life balance with flexi-time and access to health insurance.
How to Apply
For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Email email@example.com quoting MBIE/1549629 if you have further questions.
Applications close at 5pm 1st August 2021