Mātanga Hangarau | Technical Lead
Mō mātou | About Us
As New Zealand's national statistics office, Tatauranga Aotearoa Stats NZ is uniquely positioned to support the decisions that the Government, Māori and Iwi organisations, businesses, NGO's and New Zealanders make every day. Our structure, culture and systems are designed with collaboration and customers in mind - mobilised and working together to realise our ambition: About Aotearoa, for Aotearoa - data that improves lives today and for generations to come.
Mō te tūnga | The role
This role is 1 year fixed term based in the Wellington.
Reporting to the Investment Delivery Manager, you'll work closely the Senior Project Manager as well as the Enterprise Architect and the Solution Architect, to provide technical leadership and expertise to the Persistent Child Poverty Measure Project. As the person responsible for the successful delivery of the end-to end technical solution, you'll be a specialist in working in DevOps and Agile environments, with a broad range of relevant practical technical expertise coupled with the ability to communicate and share the technical vision.
This role is also about leading people so that team members have the support and development they need to deliver great results. We are a people-first organisation with a strong focus on coaching and growth. The different parts of the team all need to work closely and collaboratively, so you will need to do the same with the other managers.
Starting salary: contact for a discussion
Mōu | About you
- A DevOps specialist, skilled at working in an Agile environment. Experience in Salesforce integration and Pentaho workflows would be an advantage.
- Tertiary qualified (ideally working towards a post-graduate qualification) or equivalent experience, in the implementation of digital products and services.
- Proven ability to engage, motivate and mentor others
- Significant technical lead experience
You'll be joining an inclusive environment where people, regardless of gender, race, disability, religion or background are supported to be able to do their best work. This includes:
- Flexible by default, balance life and work commitments
- An environment that's safe, where you can be yourself
- Exciting and meaningful work that makes a difference to Aotearoa
- Opportunity to join various social, network and support groups (toastmasters, multi-cultural, social group)
Me pēhea te tuku tono |How to apply
If the above matches your skills and experience, don't delay, click apply now.
Any questions that haven't been answered in this advert or the position description or if you have difficulty with your application please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will be screening applications as we receive them in order to move swiftly to interview shortly after the advert closes on the 30th of July at 23:55pm but may be removed earlier. You may be asked to complete pre-interview screen.
Check out our careers site to find out more about Tatauranga Aotearoa Stats NZ.
In order to meet our ideal start date, you would ideally already be in Aotearoa New Zealand, with a New Zealand work visa, before applying for this role.