Kaiārahi / Housing Advocate
Wellington City Mission
Become part of Wellington City Mission’s Te Pūnaha Pā and a new way of doing things. Taking a kaupapa Māori approach, this role involves strength-based assessments, support plans, advocacy and guidance to support manuhiri wellbeing on the journey to finding a new home. The successful candidate must have a full, clean driver’s licence.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications and/or equivalent experience:
- A social work qualification or experience working in the housing advocacy space
- Demonstrated social work capability, ideally with experience in working in transitional housing, mental health, and addictions
- Experience in working with people from differing socio-economic backgrounds, cultures and ethnicities
- Demonstrated resilience, problem solving techniques and flexibility
- Demonstrated experience in managing challenging people situations
- Demonstrated experience in working collaboratively with community agencies and an understanding of working within the context of a faith-based NGO
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Competent with Microsoft Office applications and have excellent report writing and written communication skills
How to apply:
Please send your covering letter and CV to email@example.com. For a copy of the position description, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Short-listed applicants will be sent an application form to complete. Successful applicants will be required to undergo Police vetting.
For more information about the Wellington City Mission, visit our website https://wellingtoncitymission.org.nz/
Applications close 9 August 2021.