Korehāhā Whakahau – Operations Manager
Te Rūnanga o Ngāti Awa
Permanent/ 1.0 FTE
Korehāhā Whakahau is the first Iwi led Predator Free Aotearoa 2050 eradication project. It is a significant mauri-enhancement project that aims to eradicate possums from a 4,700 hectare territory spanning from Ōhiwa to Whakatāne.
This is a great opportunity for someone with proven people management experience to join our team. Biodiversity and biosecurity experience is advantageous however this can be developed through our team of taiao advisors. You will assist the Manager Taiao to deliver outputs within the Korehāhā Whakahau project and support the Taiao portfolio for Te Rūnanga o Ngāti Awa with a focus on advocating for Ngāti Awa and their values and kaitiakitanga principles.
Representing Te Rūnanga o Ngāti Awa, you will have exceptional management skills and ability to work with whānau and various stakeholders.
Key attributes of the successful applicant:
- A passion for people, management, and getting mahi done
- Experience with management, leadership, and a passion for biodiversity and biosecurity operations
- Champion of Ko Ngāti Awa Te Toki – Vision 2050, Te Rūnanga o Ngāti Awa strategies, and Te Mahere Whakarite Matatiki Taiao o Ngāti Awa (Ngāti Awa Environmental Plan)
- Ability to amplify our values, tikanga and kawa of Ngāti Awa
- Exceptional business management skills matched by exceptional operationalizing skills
- Passionate, innovative, courageous and a drive for excellence in everything you do
Relevant tertiary qualification in;
Or experience in:
• Business management Biodiversity/biosecurity management Environmental management
• Biodiversity/biosecurity management Similar project management roles
• Or a combination of education and experience.
Submit your CV and cover letter at www.ngatiawaiwi.nz.
For further information and confidential enquiries email Rangipai.Eruera@ngatiawa.iwi.nz
Applications Close Friday 6 August, 5pm