Project Delivery Specialist
WorkSafe New Zealand / Mahi Haumaru Aotearoa
WorkSafe New Zealand, Mahi Haumaru Aotearoa, is the primary workplace health and safety regulator – our vision is that everyone who goes to work comes home healthy and safe. Alongside other regulators we lead New Zealand to achieve healthy and safe workplaces through engagement, education and enforcement. This role sits within the Engagement and Implementation team, which provides detailed design for funded health and safety intervention programmes, intervention management and funding services. The team engage across sector, with a particular focus on the high-risk sectors (forestry, agriculture, construction, manufacturing and transport).
About the role:
As the Project Delivery Specialist, you will be responsible for completing detailed activity design and coordinating the delivery of commissioned harm prevention intervention activities, working with a range of stakeholders across WorkSafe, and externally.
- Support Design Leads to deliver detailed intervention design
- Collaborate with other teams who control and manage intervention levers to set timeframes, budgets and to guide internal resource allocation
- Monitor and report on activity milestones and budgets
- Activate all work streams including internal and external contracted services
- Work closely with Engagement Leads and other internal stakeholders
- Provide oversight and management of the day-to-day work of the project
- Apply light-touch project disciplines with line management accountability for deliverables
- Support WorkSafe managers to plan, budget, monitor and report against funded workstreams
- Work with support and coordination staff to provide information as required that supports effective delivery
- Experience working as a member of project teams
- Experience working in behaviour change intervention design and delivery is desirable
- Good knowledge of methodologies, processes and tools
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong stakeholder engagement and relationship building skills
- Good time management, ability to prioritise effectively and be organised
This is a great opportunity to work on meaningful projects, with diverse stakeholder groups. You will utilise your strong project delivery skills on high profile pieces of work, with tangible sector outcomes.
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence within this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Charlotte Holmes on 04 471 9734.