WorkSafe New Zealand / Mahi Haumaru Aotearoa
WorkSafe New Zealand, Mahi Haumaru Aotearoa, is the primary workplace health and safety regulator – our vision is that everyone who goes to work comes home healthy and safe. Alongside other regulators we lead New Zealand to achieve healthy and safe workplaces through engagement, education and enforcement. This role sits within the Engagement and Implementation team, which provides detailed design for funded health and safety intervention programmes, intervention management and funding services. The team engage across sector, with a particular focus on the high-risk sectors (forestry, agriculture, construction, manufacturing and transport).
About the role:
The Design Lead is responsible for taking ownership for programme and implementation design and delivery for health and safety intervention programmes of work, with the goal of reducing harm and fatalities in the workplace.
- Support the development of programmes by identifying and championing appropriate design approaches and ensuring alignment to strategic goals
- From an evidence-based understanding of our customer-base, complete detailed intervention design
- Collaborate with WorkSafe teams to define problem statements, intervention logic and delivery approach
- Work closely with the Project Delivery Specialist to set timeframes, budgets and to guide internal resource allocation
- Support the application of light-touch project disciplines with line management accountability for deliverables
- Champion an agile way of working
- Sound knowledge of and experience in design approaches such as human centred design, service design, design thinking, systems thinking
- A confident and effective communicator who is experienced and comfortable working with senior management and stakeholder representatives.
- An engaging and confident facilitator
- The ability to quickly establish and build strong, productive and collaborative working relationships at all levels across a range of key stakeholder groups
- Creatively analytical, experience working in behaviour change intervention design would be advantageous
- Has sector knowledge or has a demonstrated ability to quickly develop understanding of targeted/diverse sectors
- Experience as a member of project teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
This is a great opportunity to be a part of a collaborative team of project delivery and service design specialists, helping to deliver meaningful change in a high-profile sector. You will act as a trusted advisor with the ability to balance your creative analytical skills across design intervention programmes of work.
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence within this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Charlotte Holmes on 04 471 9734.