Analyst, Portfolio Design (Asset Allocation)
Ko wai ngā Kaitiaki Tahua Penihana Kaumātua o Aotearoa – Who are the Guardians of New Zealand Superannuation?
The Guardians of New Zealand Superannuation is an innovative, award-winning global investor. Our primary role is to manage the NZ Super Fund, an investment fund which invests taxpayer contributions globally to help pre-fund universal superannuation in New Zealand.
Our team has a deep sense of purpose through the work we do to benefit future generations of New Zealanders. At the Guardians there’s an energy, passion and a shared commitment to excellence.
The work is complex, innovative and intellectually stimulating. Our positive work environment respects your wellbeing while supporting your career and your future. As a proud equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate in our hiring practices, diversity and inclusiveness are highly valued.
E pā ana ki te tira – About the team
The Portfolio Design team is part of the Asset Allocation, Investments business unit and is responsible for developing the Guardians’ portfolio construction approach, expressed through the Reference Portfolio, risk budgets and the risk allocation process. The Reference Portfolio has global exposure to equities and fixed income and is currency hedged.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Support the team in the analysis of reference portfolio reviews, maintaining both equilibrium and current risk and return assumptions, production of hurdles and investment proxies.
- Support the team in the analysis of investment proxies and hurdles, as required.
- Contribute to the Guardians’ wider investment activities by assisting in the development of strategies and participating in investment workshops and investment opportunities, as required.
- Demonstrate appropriate knowledge and use of all Guardians’ systems and processes.
- Understand and comply with all Guardians’ policies and procedures, including those relating to risk management and compliance practices.
- Champion the Guardians’ vision, values and constructive culture at all times.
E pā ana ki te tūranga – About the position
You will demonstrate an interest in pursuing a career in investment management, as well as the motivation to build a career at the Guardians. With at least 2-3 years or thereabouts of post graduate experience, you are now ready to take the step into an exciting opportunity in a well-regarded asset allocation team.
Your core attributes will include:
- Tertiary qualifications in finance, mathematics, economics, science or engineering
- Experience in conducting analysis, ideally within an investment analysis business unit
- An understanding of investment concepts and financial markets
- A highly inquisitive mind and ideas driven approach
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal and communication skills.
We encourage expressions of interest from a diverse applicant pool, including applicants interested in discussing flexible work options. Reasonable support will be provided to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process.
“Ehara taku toa, he takitahi, he toa takitini” - My success should not be bestowed onto me alone, as it was not individual success but success of a collective.
If this sounds like you and you would like to know more, please call Carlos Kirkwood-Ale on 022 186 1077 or apply at this link. Applications close on Friday 6th of August 2021.