Analyst, External Investments & Partnerships
Ko wai ngā Kaitiaki Tahua Penihana Kaumātua o Aotearoa – Who are the Guardians of New Zealand Superannuation?
The Guardians of New Zealand Superannuation is an innovative, award-winning global investor. Our primary role is to manage the NZ Superannuation Fund, an investment fund which invests taxpayer contributions globally to help pre-fund future universal superannuation in New Zealand.
Our team has a deep sense of purpose through the work we do to benefit future generations of New Zealanders. At the Guardians there’s an energy, passion and a shared commitment to excellence.
The work is complex, innovative and intellectually stimulating. Our positive work environment respects your wellbeing while supporting your career and your future. As a proud equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate in our hiring practices. Diversity and inclusiveness are highly valued.
The External Investments and Partnerships team is responsible for identifying, developing and pricing new investment ideas, and for implementing these new and existing ideas in partnership with third party asset managers around the world.
E pā ana ki te tira – About the team
You will provide analytical support, with emphasis on quantitative analysis, for the management of investments in the External Investments and Partnerships portfolio, which includes domestic and international equities, fixed income and credit, New Zealand and international private markets investments, and alternatives including hedge fund, insurance, real estate and infrastructure investments.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Analysing and monitoring of new and existing investment ideas across a broad range of asset classes
- Supporting the implementation of investment ideas by researching, evaluating and structuring relationships with external investment managers
- Monitoring and reporting on the External Investments and Partnerships portfolio of external investment managers
- Maintaining an up to date and relevant understanding of market developments across relevant asset classes.
E pā ana ki te tūranga – About the position
It is likely that you commenced your career in a formal graduate programme in a large corporate or professional services organisation. With at least 2-3 years’ experience, you are now ready to take that next step up in your career.
Your core attributes will include:
- Tertiary qualifications
- Experience in conducting quantitative and qualitative analysis
- An understanding of investment concepts and financial markets
- A highly inquisitive mind and ideas driven approach
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal and communication skills.
This is a unique opportunity that will see you exposed to a wide variety of asset classes and supporting a selection of well-regarded local/global Investment Managers. You will also be part of a team of likeminded and seasoned investment professionals. We encourage expressions of interest from a diverse applicant pool, including applicants interested in discussing flexible work options. Reasonable support will be provided to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process.
“Ehara taku toa, he takitahi, he toa takitini” - My success should not be bestowed onto me alone, as it was not individual success but success of a collective.
If this sounds like you and you would like to know more, please call Carlos Kirkwood-Ale on 022 186 1077 or apply at this link. Applications close on Friday 6th of August 2021.