Junior Legal Advisor
Social Workers Registration Board
Consultant Jess Vernal
Date posted 12 July 2021
Want to be part of the team providing legal advice and direction to a new regulator who is supporting the development of professionalism in the social work sector?
He ara pukenga, he ara tauwhiro, hei whakamana mata waka
The many pathways of knowledge, the many pathways of social work, upholding the dignity of all
The Social Workers Registration Board (SWRB) is a Crown Entity which is the regulatory authority responsible for the registration of social workers. Its primary function is to protect the safety of members of the public by ensuring that social workers are competent, fit to practise, and accountable for the way in which they practise. A further purpose is to enhance the professionalism of social workers.
Mō tēnei tūranga | About this role
The SWRB have an opportunity for a Junior Legal Advisor to join their team and provide case-management support to the Professional Conduct Committee (PCC).
As the Junior Legal Advisor, you will:
- Handle investigations on behalf of the Professional Conduct Committee
- Provide the Professional Conduct Committee with sound legal advice on the legal questions required for critical decision-making
- Collaborate and liaise with external stakeholders on the investigation process
- Support the complaints process alongside the Health and Disability Commissioner
You will report to the Operations Manager, and receive support and mentoring from the Senior Legal Advisor. You will be trusted to work autonomously and have the option of flexible working.
This is a 12-month fixed-term opportunity and has the potential to be extended.
Mōhou ake | About you
To be successful in this role, you need to be able to demonstrate the following:
- 2+ years post-admission experience
- A background in regulatory and public law is preferred, but not essential
- Ideally, you will have experience in investigations
- Strategic thinking, initiative, and flexibility
- Current practising certificate, or eligibility to obtain one
The Social Workers Registration Board has exclusively partnered with Robert Walters. For a confidential discussion about the position, please contact Jess Vernal by calling 04 471 9756 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence within this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Jess Vernal on 04 471 9756.