Senior Legal Advisor
He ara pukenga, he ara tauwhiro, hei whakamana mata waka
The many pathways of knowledge, the many pathways of social work, upholding the dignity of all
Want to be part of the team providing legal advice and direction to a new regulator who is supporting the development of professionalism in the social work sector?
The Social Workers Registration Board (SWRB) is a Crown Entity which is the regulatory authority responsible for the registration of social workers. Its primary function is to protect the safety of members of the public by ensuring that social workers are competent, fit to practise, and accountable for the way in which they practise. A further purpose is to enhance the professionalism of social workers.
Mō tēnei tūranga | About this role
The SWRB have an opportunity for a Senior Legal Advisor to join their team and provide expert advice across various portfolios.
As the Senior Legal Advisor, you will be responsible for:
- Providing corporate advice to teams and stakeholders on a range of activities, including contracts, employment matters and advice on other legislative requirements
- Providing advice on complaints received by the SWRB and support the Professional Conduct Committee and Tribunal with oversight and legal opinion
- Leading the Official Information Act and privacy portfolios as the Privacy Officer
- Supporting the SWRB with engagement with tangata whenua, pacific and diverse communities on issues of regulation and regulatory compliance
You will be trusted to work autonomously and bring the experience and confidence to advise teams within the SWRB. You will operate in a supportive team and have the option of flexible working.
Mōhou ake | About you
To be successful in this role, you need to be able to demonstrate the following:
- At least four years of post-admission experience
- Ideally, you will have a background in public, corporate or regulatory law
- Experience in litigation preparation and investigations is ideal but not essential
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- A high level of initiative, flexibility and adaptability
- Current practising certificate, or eligibility to obtain one
The Social Workers Registration Board has exclusively partnered with Robert Walters. For a confidential discussion about the position, please contact Jess Vernal by calling 04 471 9756 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.