Principal Advisor, Business Improvement
At the Ministry of Education, we work together to shape an education system that delivers equitable and excellent outcomes.
Our organisation is made up of more than 3,000 talented and committed people around New Zealand, from a wide range of backgrounds and cultures.
While we work in different groups and on different things, we all strive every day to make the biggest difference we can for every child, young person and adult student in our education system.
The Business Enablement and Support team makes sure that everyone at the Ministry has the right tools, support and work environment to get the job done. This small, high impact team is looking for a Principal Advisor, Business Improvement to join them to drive customer centric improvements across the Ministry.
About the role:
As the Principal Advisor, Business Improvement, you will plan, develop, lead and support customer centric business, process and system improvements across Business Enablement and Support and the Ministry to deliver equitable and excellent outcomes
We are looking for your ability to work with sponsors, project leads and those being impacted by change, to plan, lead, and coach others through the business improvement process. You will be able to apply your improvement skills and experience both directly and through advice and coaching to enable the other areas within the group to achieve their goals.
This role will be focused on supporting the Senior Responsible Owners and stakeholders primarily within the Business Enabling and Support Group and across the Ministry when needed.
• Manage key relationships and act as a trusted advisor to Ministry leaders and managers in business improvement
• Develop and analyse agreed business improvement initiatives to the stage where a decision can be made on whether/what types of business or programme case is required
• Provide advice to Ministry leaders and managers to support the development of business cases and change initiatives
• Provide support and expertise in process improvement, Lean Six Sigma, and other tools to support the development of strategy, change proposals and investment initiatives
• Facilitate strategic conversations that generate practical initiatives that are valued by customers
• Build relationships with other groups to support end to end view of improvement
• Over 5 years of practice in an improvement leadership role e.g. Lean Six Sigma, supported by an improvement methodology certification e.g. Lean Six Sigma, User based design or similar.
• Organisational performance improvement delivery experience and expertise
• Knowledge of Investment Logic Mapping (ILM) and facilitation and Better Business Case
• Strong interpersonal, presentation and facilitation skills
• Human centred design and business analysis knowledge and experience
• Ability to maintain effective work relationships, add value and initiate courageous conversations with key internal stakeholders
• Ability to develop trusted advisor status as a business partner
• Ability to influence others and business groups
This role provides the opportunity to make a tangible difference to people in New Zealand. You will utilise your Business Improvement expertise, sharing your knowledge as a senior in the team.
You may need to travel nationally on occasion and can work from home a couple of days per week, taking ownership of your work and schedule.
We welcome candidates from diverse backgrounds, including Māori, Pacific and those with disabilities, who will enrich our understanding of the education system.
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence within this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Eden Moore on 04 471 9719.