Senior Advisor Māori
JacksonStone & Partners
- Partnership & engagement
- Support, guide & honour Tiriti obligations
The New Zealand Walking Access Commission - Ara Hīkoi Aotearoa, provides leadership on access to the outdoors. We administer a national strategy on outdoor access, including tracks and trails. We map outdoor access, provide information to the public, oversee a code of responsible conduct in the outdoors, help to resolve access disputes and negotiate new access.
The Commission’s Māori Partnership and Engagement Strategy:
· affirms our commitment to honour our Tiriti obligations
· clearly articulates our roles and responsibilities under te Tiriti, and connects the Strategy to our Board, staff, regional field advisors, and the work we do
· recognises the skills, capabilities and resources required to ensure the Commission is prepared to fulfil its roles and responsibilities.
You will help the Commission partner with tangata whenua, supporting the implementation of the Commission’sMāori Partnership Strategy and provide support and advice to the chief executive and team across a broad range of issues.
We are searching for someone who:
- can build and sustain strategic partnerships and organisational capability
- is agile and personally effective
- is a pragmatic, hands-on team-player
- can bring people on the journey with you.
You will be expected to:
- operate effectively in te ao Māori and in the public sector space
- display core skills and comfort in te reo me ōna tikanga Māori, and te Tiriti o Waitangi
- have experience and understanding of government processes and policies
- have an appreciation of the complexities of whole-of-government issues relating to success for Māori
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: Sunday, 27 June 2021
APPLY OR VIEW THE POSITION DESCRIPTION: www.jacksonstone.co.nz
FURTHER ENQUIRIES: Russell Spratt or David Hollander on 04 550 8000