Sales Representative – South Island
About the company:
We are Global Velocity Group Ltd, a company specializing in the custom importing, manufacture, and management of apparel. Our in-house brands include huntechoutdoors.com, velocityclothing.com, VMGclothing.com and nodoff.co.nz. Born and raised in the Waikato, GVG has grown from a one-man-band to a highly profitable business with thirty-eight employees across New Zealand and a strong partnership in Asia. Our mission is to provide solutions within the Australasian apparel industry and continue to grow globally.
At GVG we have a real passion for the outdoors, and this is reflected in our brands. After well over ten years of extensive product development we are now able to produce high quality garments and we are taking our chosen niche by storm.
About the role | Mō te tūnga
As the South Island Sales Representative, you will report directly to GVG Ltd Sales Manager based in Hamilton and work to conquer the South Island region. The successful candidate will work autonomously to secure new business as well as managing and expanding existing accounts.
This is a 50% on-road position based in Christchurch, and entails identifying and closing new opportunities within the corporate and education markets whilst servicing all South Island Hunting & Fishing New Zealand stores on a monthly call cycle and building lasting customer relationships on behalf of the brand.
- Perform seasonal indent orders, merchandising and instore displays.
- Grow the brand’s corporate presence, prospecting new customers and opening new doors.
- Help to manage the brand’s overall profile in the NZ market.
- Analyse ongoing sales and identify areas for improvement.
- Meet weekly, monthly, and annual sales quotas through the successful implementation of sales and marketing strategies and tactics.
- Generate leads and build relationships planning and organizing daily work schedule to call on existing or potential sales outlets.
- Develop and implement territory action plan through comprehensive data analysis, and adjust sales techniques based on interactions and results in the field.
Key competencies | Ngā pūmanawatanga ōu
- 2 years + sales experience in apparel or related industry.
- Experience in an on-road or field sales role, including mapping out routes.
- A bright, bubbly attitude and willingness to work in a team.
- Full right to work in New Zealand - MUST BE A CITIZEN OR HAVE PERMANENT RESIDENCY.
- Proficiency with sales management software and CRM.
- Tertiary Qualification may be beneficial.
This is a great opportunity to join a supportive, incentive-driven working environment allowing you to be yourself and sell your way! You will be invited to exciting industry events and functions and you will be given numerous opportunities to further develop your skills. Great time of year to think about a change. Get in touch to discuss this cool opportunity!