Tui Ora Ltd
Monday to Friday; 1.00 FTE
Nā tō rourou, nā taku rourou ka ora ai te iwi
He whakamārama mō Tui Ora (About us):
Tui Ora is a kaupapa Māori organisation, providing a range of wellbeing services to whānau in Taranaki. We employ passionate, professional people to fit with our whānau team culture. We value highly skilled, committed community-focussed individuals to support this kaupapa, and we currently have an exciting new opportunity.
Mō te tūranga (About the role):
The Kaimahi Taiohi will provide a wrap-around, intensive service for young people 16-20 years of age. The role will support, uplift, and navigate taiohi and their whānau to improve health, education, overall wellbeing, and productive participation within the community. This will include addressing all areas of need including education, housing, parenting, budgeting, health, childcare, and any other barrier they may be experiencing, while being a strong advocate for taiohi (and their children).
Kia ekena a angitū (To promote success in this role, you will have):
- Preferred - Tertiary Qualification in Youth Work, Whānau Ora, Social Work, or equivalent
- Registration with relevant professional body with a current practicing certificate
- Two years’ experience working with taiohi is preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills and able to work as part of a team
- Passion about Māori health, wellbeing and thriving whānau
- Full, clean NZ Driver Licence.
Tikanga haumaru (Safety checking):
Tui Ora is committed to the application of the Children’s Act 2014 and its intent to improve the safety of all children. Safety checking for employment will be required for this role.
We offer (subject to eligibility criteria):
- We offer ongoing professional development, and upskilling opportunities
- Promote and provide work-life balance.
- Employment Assistance Programme
- Tui Ora day (one paid day each year to spend with your whānau)
- A professional, fun and vibrant working whānau environment.
Me pēhea te tono (How to apply):
For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via Tui Ora’s online process. Complete the online application through our website https://vacancies.tuiora.co.nz/Vacancy/VacancyList and upload a cover letter and CV. You may also view a position description at this site. If you have not completed the online application and/or uploaded both these documents, your application will not be considered. For further information email firstname.lastname@example.org
You must be eligible to work in New Zealand to be considered for this position.
Applications Close: 28 June 2021 at 12.00pm
Ngā mihi ki a koe
Nā Tui Ora.