Moana New Zealand
- Unique ownership structure and reporting requirements
- Auckland head office with multiple sites throughout Aotearoa
- Career development & progression
Moana New Zealand is the largest Māori owned fisheries company in New Zealand. All profits we make are returned to Māori in the form of dividends, with the balance retained to fund long term growth initiatives of Moana New Zealand. Aotearoa Fisheries is an important part of the inter-generational Māori Fisheries Settlement with the Crown. The nature of that settlement means that Māori will always be involved in fisheries; activities and investments have a long-term perspective. These settlement assets can never be sold. We take a uniquely long-term view in everything we do, abiding by the customary principle of Kaitiakitanga.
We are Iwi; we are true guardians of the world’s most pristine and sustainably managed fisheries, with a deep sense of responsibility to our people and respect for kaimoana and kai ora.
Reporting to the Group Commercial Manager, you will play an integral role in the Group Financial & Commercial Team by supporting the business to make informed decisions that enable continued growth, increased productivity, and performance optimisation.
The primary focus of this position is lead, plan, and support strategic divisions to deliver on time; monthly, half year and annual management accounts. In addition, you will provide support to the annual business planning process and contribute divisional business information and results to the group statutory financial statements.
Digital is the growth engine for the future, and an important part of this role is to champion and support the implementation of new and existing commercial and financial initiatives to enhance financial systems, practices, and ways of working across the business. i.e. governance, risk management, and internal control mechanisms.
Key areas of accountability:
- Develop trusted business relationships with Executive & Senior Leadership Teams; interpret financial information and provide subject matter expertise and credible advice to support decision making
- Management reporting and discussion of key drivers, trends, and variances
- Budgeting & forecasting, development of business & financial plans
- Performance & reporting against critical KPIs, including commentary
- Proactive and timely analysis, insights and recommendations
- Customer & product profitability reporting
- Ensure all audit, tax, and statutory requirements are met, including compliance with accounting standards
- Responsible for the integrity of accounting & business information across multiple platforms. E.g. information entered into ERP system
- Involvement in special projects, e.g. mergers & acquisitions, new system implementation
This role offers plenty of opportunity for professional development and a chance to build a rewarding long-term career. With scope to grow and learn all parts of the business, including involvement in creating business initiatives with the potential to impact and unlock future growth and value, this is an exciting time to be joining Moana NZ.
What You Will Bring:
Down to earth, with an open style of working, and hands on approach to every task you will pride yourself on your ability to connect with a wide range of people. Highly organised and commercially astute you must have the energy and proven ability to manage multiple at any one time.
This position offers a broad scope and requires a mix of technical competencies, and experience in management reporting and financial analysis and accounting. You must have the confidence, curiosity, and communication skills and desire to be out in the business, building relationships and knowledge to deliver tangible value to your team and stakeholders
This is an attractive and challenging role, that requires a skilled management accountant, who is ambitious, resilient, and has an appetite for ongoing learning and development.
You will have experience in the following areas:
- CA or CPA qualified professional
- Minimum 3- 5 years in a management accountant position preferably in FMCG, manufacturing and/or primary industry environment
- Proven ability to present, communicate and coach leaders and managers – translate financial info to non-financial stakeholders
- High level of accuracy, attention to detail and process orientated
- Experience with detail data driven ERP systems, advanced Microsoft excel skills, data analysis and Microsoft Office. Office 365 experience advantageous
- Operates with a high degree of confidentiality, integrity, and ethics
- Can work independently, and in a team
- Excellent knowledge and understanding accounting standards – NZ IFRS, IAS and FRS
Working cross culturally, you will have a versatile way of working, a reputation for developing trusted, and sustainable relationships and a drive to succeed.
If you want to be part of shaping the future of Moana New Zealand, we welcome your application of interest. Please send your resume and application letter, C/o Moana’s Recruitment Team at email@example.com and in the subject box please put the job title.
Applications close 12:00 pm, Friday, 25 June 2021
Please note you must have the legal right to live and work in New Zealand.