Midwifery Hub Educator
Waikato Institute of Technology
About the role
We are looking for a midwifery hub tutor to join the Wintec’s Bachelor of Midwifery programme team based in Rotorua. We have a commitment to excellence in our teaching and support of midwifery students. This is your opportunity to experience working as part of the midwifery teaching team to support midwifery students in their journey to become a registered midwife.
Bring your professional midwifery knowledge and skills, and can-do attitude to shape and educate the next generation of midwives.
As part of the Bachelor of Midwifery team you will work with students in Rotorua to facilitate their learning by providing teaching and tutorial sessions, supporting students while on placement, facilitating student problem solving and reflection on practice and skills development. Some travel to the Wintec City Campus in Hamilton may be required to support teaching, learning and supervise assessments. You will value working collaboratively in a team and ongoing development of your own knowledge and skills.
This is a 0.6 FTE (22.5 hours per week) based in Rotorua.
Are you an ideal candidate?
We are looking for a Registered Midwife with at least five years’ experience who is passionate about midwifery education, supporting midwifery student learning and has the following:
- Registration as a Midwife with the Midwifery Council of New Zealand with current practising certificate
- Confident with clinical, face to face and the online teaching environment
- A passion for supporting students to succeed
- Experience teaching and supporting students in practice, professional development support to complete an Adult Tertiary Teaching certificate can be provided
- Is currently engaged in ongoing, or committed to start, postgraduate education
- Knowledge of Te Reo and Tikanga Māori would be an advantage
Working at Wintec
Wintec is an innovative and forward-thinking organisation. We embrace change and actively seek out new opportunities to develop and enhance the way we work. We value our connections with the wider community, holding true to our mission to build a strong community through education, research and development.
If you would like to join a growing and innovative team then apply now!
Closing Date: until filled