Health Care Assistants
Auckland District Health Board
- Monday to Sunday, fully rostered shifts
- Permanent and fixed-term opportunities
- Full orientation program as well as on-going support
- Work in a supportive and fun environment
- Enjoy our fantastic staff benefits including discounted goods & services with national retailers and free or highly subsided gym membership
To find out more information about our areas of speciality within the hospital, please click here.
About the role:
Healthcare Assistants are an integral part of our service delivering quality care for our patients and whanau. Their typical day can involve assisting with patient care; such as personal care (bed washes, toilet assistance), assisting with patient transfers, general housekeeping such as restocking supplies, setting up equipment, making beds and tidying patient rooms and theatres. In this important role, you will also be involved with a range of direct and non-direct patient care tasks given to you under the supervision of a Registered Nurse.
Your strong work ethic, excellent time management and people skills will ensure that we maintain a safe, pleasant and functional working environment that has a direct and positive impact on patient care!
We welcome applications from current staff members at Auckland DHB who want to work in other services. We can advise you about the different options that are available.
To be successful in these roles, you must have completed NZQA Level 3 or Level 4 in Health & Wellbeing and have some relevant HCA work experience.
If healthcare is your passion, then do something extraordinary – come and join us!
When submitting your online application, please attach the following documentation:
- An up to date CV and cover letter
- A copy of your HCA qualification (certificate)
- And a transcription of the unit standards you've completed
Please answer all the pre-screening questions in your application. This will enable us to assess your application for suitable positions.