Whangārei District Council
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Landscape Architect within the Infrastructure Planning & Capital Works department at Whangarei District Council. We are looking for a Landscape Architect to provide landscape design services for a wide variety of projects including parks and open spaces, coastal infrastructure, and urban streetscapes in the city centre masterplan area. You will work closely with project managers, engineers, planners, consultants and contractors to deliver the capital works programme. We would like to hear from enthusiastic and proactive applicants who have:
- At least a Bachelor Degree in Landscape Architecture
- 2-5 years of practice experience
- Proven ability in creating high quality urban and open space environments of varying scale
- Experience and understanding of project delivery from concept to construction documentation
- Ability to coordinate external consultants to program and budget
- Able to work collaboratively within multidisciplinary teams
- Ability to clearly communicate and interact with colleagues, consultants and contractors (both written and verbally)
- Confidence in presenting to a wide audience
- Excellent design, graphic and presentation skills using AutoCAD, Photoshop, InDesign, Sketch Up and MS Office Suite
- Some project management experience
- Proactive approach to self-managing your workload and meeting deadlines.
We offer a professional and progressive environment, continuous learning and development opportunities, a range of flexible working and work/life balance options, Health Insurance, Life Insurance (2x your base salary), payment of a professional membership, an active Social Club, plus much more.
Whangarei is a district on the rise. It is Northland's only city and largest commercial centre. Nestled between the forest clad hills at the heart of the beautiful Whangarei Harbour, nowhere in the district is more than 40 kilometres away from our spectacular coastline and commuting to WDC's CBD location is a breeze.
There's a lot that'll make you 'Love it Here!'
If this sounds just right for you, send your application along with a portfolio of work (maximum 5 project examples) detailing your role in each project.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the People and Capability team on: (09) 430 4200 or 0800 932 463.
To apply for this position go to http://careers.wdc.govt.nz or click the apply now button.
Applications close 5 pm Monday, 17 May 2021.