Tutor - Bachelor of Nursing Pacific
Whitireia and WelTec have been strategic partners since 2012, delivering a range of career training choices and vast opportunities for schools, staff and students.
We are a subsidiary of Te Pukenga (New Zealand Institute of Skills and Technology).
We are known for our distinctiveness (Ahureitanga) and we have special relationships with mana whenua WelTec with Te Atiawa and Whitireia with Ngati Toa. Together, we are more than the sum of our parts.
Ma tatou, mo tatou Ko WelTec ki Te Atiawa, ko Whitireia ki Ngati Toa. E haere kotui nei me kura-takahi-puni tatou.
Whitireia and WelTec’s vision (Whakakitenga) is
Learning together. Transforming lives. Te ako ngatahi. Te whakaahua ketanga o te tangata
Right now, we are looking for Tutor to become a part of our Bachelor of Nursing Pacific team, supporting our vision and values based at the Porirua Campus.
About the role - Te Kaupapa
The candidate needs to be passionate about applied health education in our Bachelor of Nursing Pacific programme. The Bachelor of Nursing Pacific has a distinct Pacific pedagogy that encapsulates the many Pacific People and communities’ ways of knowing. The programme draws on Pacific culture, academic and professional bodies of knowledge that is learning centred and contributes to the graduate being competent and safe to in their cultural and professional practice, nationally and internationally.
This position is based at the Porirua campus and will provide the successful applicant with an opportunity to be part of a committed team who provide world class education to our future Pacific nursing workforce.
- Registered Nurse with current Annual Practicing Certificate
- Experience working within clinical care settings, in particular Primary Health and Mental Health
- Previous teaching experience Pacific people
- Previous experience teaching bio-nursing
- Demonstrated knowledge of some Te Ao and Pacific world views
- Mana enhancing work ethic
- Adult teaching qualification or equivalent
- Completed a master’s or working towards one
- Knowledge of SmartBoards, Moodle and good ICT/systems ability or able to quickly acquire such knowledge
- Full clean driver's licence
How to apply - Me pehea te tono
To view the position description and to apply for this position, please visit www.weltec.ac.nz/careers
Please ensure you follow the instructions for the job application process and complete all the sections of the online application.
For other information please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close on Tuesday, 18 May 2021.
However, as we do not always work to fixed closing dates, we encourage you to apply early as we may consider applications as we receive them.