Provide visual and interaction design on all types of projects and products at Springload, both at a strategic and hands-on level.
Who we are
Mō tō mātou āhauatanga
The Springload Te Pipītanga whānau is the largest independent digital agency in Wellington. We encourage our employees to thrive at work and at home. We’ve got great clients, challenging projects, and a friendly workspace. There’s always plenty of healthy snacks available, People’s Coffee brewing, and craft beer in the fridge.
What we do and why we do it
Ā mātou mahi ō mātou mātāpono
Our purpose is to make the things that matter better — better for people and for the planet. We follow a human-centred process, keeping the people we’re designing for at the centre of the work. We’re a multidisciplinary team, we collaborate closely with each other and with our clients on projects that make an impact on real lives.
We celebrate different perspectives. We're committed to creating an equal, inclusive, and diverse workplace. We know we do better work if we have a diverse mix of people on our team. We're also a certified B Corporation — ethical and environmentally sustainable practices are a huge focus for us.
We’re looking for someone who shares the same values.
We can offer you:
- a whānau-friendly, flexible workplace, with the ability to work from home
- a learning and growth budget to support your professional aspirations, and a wellness package to keep you physically and mentally fit
- highly talented teammates who strive to create world-class experiences that make people's lives better
- opportunities to get involved in internal initiatives you care about, such as our sustainability group, waiata practice, and mental health chats
- a base in central Wellington, Aotearoa New Zealand, near cafes, shops, theatres, and the waterfront.
About this role
We’re excited to welcome a Senior Designer to the Springload family. You’ll work closely with the team on diverse projects, to deliver outcomes in the space of visual design, interaction design, storyboards, wireframes, and other disciplines, to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas.
The designer we’re looking for enjoys problem-solving and providing design leadership, and is comfortable participating in business pitches and contributing to growing client relationships.
If this sounds like you but you don’t meet all the requirements listed below, please apply and tell us why your experience is relevant to the role.
- Understanding of brand identity: from strategy through to digital implementation
- Experience providing both highly analytical as well as highly creative ideas to projects
- Proven experience leading design on projects with a strong track record of success
- A thorough understanding of contemporary user-centred design methodologies and techniques
- A working understanding of Te Tiriti o Waitangi and how to apply it to digital products
Other experience we’d love:
- Experience working with design systems, pattern libraries, and digital style guides
- Experience working in an agency environment
Download the job description for more details of what this job typically entails. Please treat the description as a guideline only — roles and responsibilities might vary slightly.
Te Rārangi Wā
We’re excited to welcome a fabulous new team member as soon as we can. Once you apply, you can expect to hear back from us within a couple of weeks if you’re selected for an interview. We’ll keep you informed every step of the way.
How to apply
Please talk about how your experience relates to the job description in your CV. We’d also love you to include a cover letter telling us a bit more about yourself and why you’d like to work at Springload, plus a copy of or link to your portfolio.
If you have any questions, get in touch
Mehemeo he pātai āu, whakapā mai