Ministry for Women
Fixed-term up to 15-months - 0.8FTE to full-time.
- Leading the strategic delivery of the Ministry's Nominations service
- Building quality relationships with stakeholders to support the nominations service
- Contribute to improving governance pathways for women across New Zealand, with a particular focus on supporting wāhine Māori
About the Ministry for Women
Manatū Wāhine The Ministry for Women, is improving outcomes for New Zealand women. We are the Government's principal advisor on achieving better results for New Zealand women. We identify and take action where women and girls remain disadvantaged. We build evidence to influence others, publicising issues, and providing advice and support to national policy and local initiatives that improve lives for women and girls.
About the opportunity
The Nominations service works to ensure that suitably qualified women are identified and considered for appointment by Ministers to public sector boards and committees.
Due to parental leave, there is an up to 15-month opportunity to lead the Ministry's nominations team as the Manager, Nominations. This key role will lead the strategic direction and stakeholder management of the Nominations service, as well as leading key projects to improve service outcomes.
You will lead a small team that has responsibility for the operational delivery of the Nominations service, including:
- engaging with candidates and appointing agencies to ensure we are offering a high quality service and nominating qualified women for board vacancies
- leading the annual gender stocktake of public sector boards and committees
- writing relevant Cabinet Papers, responding to OIAs and working across the Ministry to promote women in governance
- maintaining relationships with the Nominations service key stakeholders.
This role also works across the public sector to promote opportunities for women in governance, and maintains a strong collaborative relationship with population agencies.
The Ministry selects on capability not gender and welcomes applications from candidates who have/demonstrate:
- extensive knowledge of the nominations process in the public sector environment
- experience in leading and managing teams
- demonstrated experience leading project based initiatives
- effectively developed and implemented strategic plans
- skill in interacting with a Minister, Minister's office and leadership teams
- proven experience in developing and maintaining influential stakeholder relationships
- highly developed oral and written communication skills (ministerial briefings, reports and other correspondence).
The Ministry is a flexible-by-default organisation. We have a range of flexible working arrangements in place with our staff including part time hours, compressed work week and remote working. We are open to considering a flexible arrangement for this role, so please let us know how that might best work for you as part of your application.
A full job description is attached.
The salary range for this position is $105,485 - $142,715, with a mid-point of $124,100.
To apply for this position please send your covering letter and CV to Peter Noble, Director, Corporate Services at email@example.com
Applications close at 12pm on Wednesday, 12 May 2021.
Please review the position description by copying and pasting this link into your browser: https://expressonline.haineslink.co.nz/pdfs/683079_JobDesc.pdf