Team Administrator, Natural Sciences
Tāmaki Paenga Hira: Tui tui hono tangata, whenua me te moana.
Auckland War Memorial Museum: Connecting through sharing stories of people, lands and seas.
Auckland Museum is a much-loved culture, science and heritage organisation at the heart of Auckland's identity, committed to outstanding management of its world-class collections and the employees and volunteers who tell the Museum's stories. We are Auckland's home of commemoration as well as the country's oldest research institution and a major tourist destination.
Te Mana o Rangitāhua is a five year MBIE Endeavour-funded research programme, co-led by Ngāti Kuri and Auckland Museum. The Team Administrator will support the Head of Natural Sciences and Co-Director of Te Mana o Rangitāhua, and the Senior Collection Manager to fulfil their responsibilities to the Natural Sciences team and the Te Mana o Rangitāhuaprogramme. This is a fixed term role, requiring 40 hours of work a week.
To be successful in this role, you will offer:
- At least two years of experience as a Personal Assistant or in a similar high-level administrative support function in a 'front-line' customer service context
- Proven ability to successfully prioritise and work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong and effective written and verbal communication skills with a high level of professional discretion
- Effective time management skills with the ability to multi-task and work within tight timeframes
- An ability to make sense of information from a range of sources, and to know when and how to elevate issues (and possible solutions) as needed
- Commitment to the functions and values of the museum
- Ability to liaise at a leadership level and work calmly under pressure
- Experience working in a scientific research environment is desirable
- Desire to work in a fast-paced and lively organisation
- Hold a passion for dynamic museums, the environment and for working in a cross functional team environment
Closing Date: 5:00pm Sunday 25 April 2021
You must be eligible to currently work in New Zealand to apply for this position.
Auckland Museum offers a rich and fulfilling work life where we embrace diversity and nurture our bicultural capability as demonstrated in our Teu le Vā and He Kōrahi Māori strategies. We also offer a range of great benefits such as flexible work and leave and an award-winning wellbeing programme.
This is a great opportunity for someone looking to be part of a fabulous New Zealand organisation committed to telling our national and Auckland stories, reflecting our unique place in the South Pacific.
He Oranga Tangata ka ao
Enriching lives: Inspiring discoveries
|Posted on||07 Apr 2021|
|Closes on||25 Apr 2021 17:00|
|Expertise||Administration, Personal/Executive Assistant|
|Job level(s)||Graduate, Experienced|
|Work arrangement||Fixed term - full time|
|More details (document)||PD - Team Administrator, Te Mana o Rangitāhua, April 2021.pdf|