Kaiārahi Māori / Māori Mentor
Odyssey supports Tāngata Whai Ora (People seeking wellness) and their whānau to flourish and enjoy wellbeing and recovery through the delivery of effective, evidence-based community and residential services. Working primarily with people experiencing alcohol, other drug or gambling related harms, we also support Tāngata Whai Ora who may be living with mental distress, trauma, disconnection, and compromised states of mauri and wairua.
We are now seeking either a permanent full-time or possibly two part time (20 hours each per week) Kaiārahi Māori. Based at Ngā Wai (our Leadership and Service Support Hub) in New Windsor, West Auckland the Kaiārahi Māori - Māori Mentor will draw on Mātauranga Māori to ensure the integrity of the tikanga and kawa across the organisation and support our workforce to offer culturally safe services.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have experience and be confident in Te Ao Māori and the implementation of Te Tiriti o Waitangi
- Have a good understanding of Mātauranga Māori and tikanga Māori
- Have experience and be confident in Te Reo Māori
- Be able to work collaboratively in a large team of professionals, and
- Have the ability to use your cultural competence to improve the experience of Tāngata Whai Ora within Odyssey programes
Odyssey is an equal opportunity employer and a smoke free organisation. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Please also note that Police and Ministry of Social Development clearance checks will be required for this role.
All applicants should include a CV, cover letter and complete the online registration and application forms. For all enquiries please contact Ursula Mochocka on 09 623 1447 ext. 727.
Closing date: Thursday, 22 April 2021
To apply for this role please click on this link: https://odyssey.qjumpersjobs.co/jobs/details/Kai%C4%81rahi_M%C4%81ori-1042553