School Relationship Manager
E rere nei te reo pōwhiri ki te tai whakarunga, ki te tai whakararo, ki te hunga anō e ngākau nui ana ki ā tātou tamariki mokopuna e whai nei i ngā tohu mātauranga me te mana taurite i roto i ngā kura tuarua puta noa i Aotearoa nei.
NZQA is looking for highly skilled education professionals who are successful leaders of assessment in schools and/or wharekura to join our Wellington-based team of School Relationship Managers.
You will be responsible for monitoring and advising on assessment systems for your regional allocations of senior secondary schools and/or wharekura, including:
- supporting them with quality assurance of their assessment practice
- contributing to systems improvement and broader initiatives, like implementation of the NCEA Change programme.
This is an ideal position if you:
- are dedicated to ensuring the quality of New Zealand's secondary school qualification
- are committed to promoting equitable education outcomes for all students
- thrive on working both independently and within a team.
We have both permanent and fixed term opportunities to join the team. If you are not ready to commit to leaving the teaching profession, we are willing to consider secondment opportunities of at least two years in duration.
All positions need you to have professional and leadership experience in one or more of the following areas:
- senior or middle management of assessment in a school or wharekura
- assessment processes in the role of Principal's Nominee
- systems change.
Ideally, you will also have expertise in
- te reo and tikanga Māori; the skill of operating in a Māori setting and the ability to work productively with kura / wharekura communities, or
- have extensive experience of managing Special Assessment Conditions for students with a range of assessment needs.
The positions are Wellington based and require extensive travel away from the office.
NZQA is accountable for managing the New Zealand Qualifications Framework, administering the secondary school assessment system, independent quality assurance of non-university education providers, qualifications recognition and standard setting for some specified unit standards.
NZQA is a te reo Māori learning organisation with commitments to equity and lifelong learning. We prioritise the importance of understanding tikanga in building a culturally responsive workplace. NZQA is dedicated to providing a welcoming environment for Māori staff and has an active Māori staff network, Te Kāhui Māori
For more information about this role and NZQA please refer to the job description, NZQA's Customer Charter, Organisational Values and NZQA Staff Benefits. If you are applying/viewing through Mahi, please visit our Vacancies Page to access these links.
If you would like to discuss further, please call Andrew Macklin on 04 463 4232.
Applications close at 5.00 pm on Wednesday 5 May 2021.