Assistant Service Centre Manager
Ministry of Social Development
As the Assistant Service Centre Manager, you will support the Service Centre Manager in planning, managing and coordinating the day to day operations with a focus on providing practical guidance to the team. This will include coordinating key unit activities such as reporting, managing complaints, review of decisions, decision support, issue identification, escalation and managing internal controls.
To be successful in the Assistant Service Centre Manager position, you must be confident organising work priorities and achieving results in a high pressure, client centre environment. Driven by operational excellence, you will support and influence work practice in the team. You are solutions focused with proven expertise in resolving complex issues and complaints resolution processes. Your strong customer service skills allow you to engage and quickly build rapport with people from diverse backgrounds. Additionally, you are committed to delivering great client service and will embody our MSD values:
- Hononga – connecting to the why
- Whakawhanaungatanga – building relationships
- Kotahitanga – working as one
- Manaakitanga – looking after each other
- Whakanui – celebration
- Induction and training.
- Regular coaching and career development opportunities.
- Supportive, diverse, multicultural team environment.
- Salary range $65,329 to $97,993 per annum (in line with skills, experience and performance).
This is a challenging role that will deliver great rewards to the right person. It’s an exciting time to work for the Ministry as we move forward to an ever-increasing pace to implement new initiatives to enhance the service we provide to our clients.
How to Apply
Before applying please take time to read through position description: http://www.msd.govt.nz/hr/documents/position-descriptions/service-delivery/4.-client-service-delivery/assistant-service-centre-manager-nov-2019.docx
Applications close: 21 April 2021.
Apply online with your CV and cover letter. In your cover letter please ensure you address the requirements of the role as outlined in the advertisement and position description. We would also like you to tell us why you would be a great Assistant Service Centre Manager.
- If you currently work for MSD please apply through your myHR careers portal at work.
- All applications must be made online.
- Travel throughout the Bay of Plenty and a Full Driver Licence are required for this role.
- For any questions about the role, please contact Desley Martin at firstname.lastname@example.org
Joining MSD means being part of a whānau that celebrates the diversity each individual represents. We show manaaki, we care about the wellbeing and success of people and want everyone to thrive, and be who they are in a supportive and inclusive working environment. We work together to make a difference for communities while doing the right thing with integrity. We are a Treaty partner committed to strengthening relationships with Māori, Hapū, Iwi and communities to realise their own potential and aspirations.
If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to tell us when you apply so we can assist you through the recruitment process.