Programme Manager, Review Work Programme:
- Maintain focus and momentum in delivering continuous improvement in response to the findings of reviews and the independent monitors
- Wellington based
- 12-month fixed-term opportunity.
About us - Mō mātou
Oranga Tamariki - Ministry for Children has a commitment to putting tamariki and rangatahi at the heart of what we do. In our work, we aim to demonstrate these values:
- We put Tamariki first
- We believe Aroha is vital
- We respect the Mana of people
- We are Tika and Pono
- We value Whakapapa
- We recognise that Oranga is a journey
About the role - Mō te tūnga
Since 2019, a number of reviews and inquiries have been underway into Oranga Tamariki policies and practice relating to the placement of pēpi into our custody, the experience of pēpi and tamariki Māori in the care and protection system and impacts on whānau and whakapapa from the system. At the same time, the external monitoring framework for Oranga Tamariki has been expanding through the work of the Independent Children's Monitor, the Office of the Children's Commissioner, and the Office of the Ombudsman.
Effective implementation of the collective recommendations from the reviews, together with a high level of responsiveness to the independent monitors and with a transparent monitoring framework in place, will help Oranga Tamariki to rebuild trust that we can and do deliver positive outcomes, particularly for tamariki Māori. To take this opportunity, the RMT works to ensure that the Review work programme (of consolidated review recommendations) and findings and recommendations from the monitors are being coordinated across Oranga Tamariki and that there are clear action plans in place to drive delivery and that recommendations are being implemented as intended.
The Programme Manager is responsible for coordinating the various layers of reporting from the Independent Monitors, and also for refining the design of the Review Management Work Programme.
What you will bring - Ngā pūmanawatanga ōu
Key requirements of the role include the following:
- Demonstrated programme management experience including, establishment of frameworks and managing workstreams through to delivery
- Ensuring effective quality assurance and upholding the integrity of the programmes
- Ability to develop effective partnerships and maintain relationships through excellent communication with multiple stakeholders from a range of cultures, specialist backgrounds and agencies
- Flexibility to adapt within an ever-changing environment
- Experience managing risks and developing frameworks
- Ability to collect information, analyse outcomes and prepare meaningful reports
- Understanding and appreciation of cross-cultural issues and concerns, in particular; knowledge of tikanga Māori, and Pacific peoples' culture
What's in it for you - Nōu te rourou
We offer a vibrant and supportive team, flexible work options and a genuine commitment to wellbeing. We offer significant training and professional development so that you can thrive and grow. We welcome diversity and are committed to working in an inclusive and respectful way. This is your opportunity to apply your skills and experience to the wellbeing of tamariki and rangatahi.
How to apply - Me pēhea te tuku tono
Apply online with your CV and covering letter. If you are an Oranga Tamariki employee already, please ensure you register or login using your work email address.
If you have any questions about role, please contact gab.eyres@OT.govt.nz
Applications close Tuesday, 20 April 2021.
Oranga Tamariki is committed to developing a diverse workforce and an inclusive workplace. We provide equal employment opportunities and welcome applications from everyone who can meet the requirements of the role. We also support flexible working arrangements.