Performance Reporting Analyst /Senior Performance Reporting Analyst - Sustainable Land Use
Ministry for the Environment
- Support the Jobs for Nature and Essential Freshwater programmes
- New roles
- Flexible working
Our purpose - He taiao tōnui mō ngā reanga katoa - a flourishing environment for every generation – be part of this exciting journey.
Mō tēnei tūrangi mahi | About the roles
We have established a new sustainable land use delivery division which has responsibility for the Government's Jobs for Nature Programme, Essential Freshwater programme investment and implementation, and Fast-Track Consenting.
We are looking for a highly experienced Reporting Analyst and Senior Reporting Analyst to provide high quality and insightful reporting and other management information to support the governance, management and optimisation of the division's investment arm.
A foundation of data management and reporting has been established for the growing portfolio of funds and investments, including ministerial reporting. The opportunity now is to apply your expertise, energy and savvy to develop new data collection and extend reporting to drive good practice portfolio and investment monitoring and management.
In addition to applying your technical skills you will work closely with fund teams, external information sources and a fund management system development team to maximise data and reporting opportunities.
As a Senior, you will have an opportunity to lead development work, mentor junior team member and to build wider data and reporting maturity.
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako | Skills and experience
Our ideal candidate will bring:
- substantial experience delivering insightful reporting, management information, visualisations and analyses suitable for senior management or ministers.
- experience in developing integrated reporting and establishing new data collection processes.
- strong technical skills in data manipulation, reporting and visualisation development including:
- advanced Excel (including developing data models using Power BI or Power Query)
- experience with T-SQL and the ability to write queries for extracting data from a data warehouse
- experience with Power BI
- proven ability to engage effectively with others across agencies, including non-data or reporting specialists.
- ability to self-manage, establish priorities and meet deadlines for outputs.
- familiarity with public sector investment management would be an advantage
- commitment to developing your cultural capability and capacity in te ao Māori.
Mō mātou | About us
The Ministry's purpose - He taiao tōnui mō ngā reanga katoa - a flourishing environment for every generation.
- a flexible by default approach to support your work-life balance
- generous leave entitlements
- training to competently and effectively engage with Māori as our Treaty Partner, this includes te reo me ona tikanga Māori courses
- active social club and employee networks, including a Māori staff network
- opportunities for development and education.
A key priority for the Ministry is Te Ao Māori. This means we work with our Treaty partner to advance Māori priorities for the environment and for environmental success. We will be confident and coordinated in our ongoing engagement with Māori and lead the natural resources system in engaging for success with tangata whenua. We will grow our capability and capacity to accurately reflect Māori views in our work.
An organisational priority is that we accurately reflect Te Tiriti o Waitangi and Te Ao Maori into our everyday work, by living our Te Ao Hurihuri Strategy through capability and capacity building.
We embrace diversity and inclusion and are committed to equal opportunities. What's important to us is ‘he rau kotahi tangata' – embracing our multiple talents – by harnessing our diversity and being inclusive. We actively encourage applications from all backgrounds.
Tono ināianei | Apply Now
Apply directly by completing the online application form and submit your CV and cover letter. Note: your cover letter will be a key part of our assessment process, so please highlight how your experience relates to the key skills required and which role you are applying for.
If you require further information about this position please contact Chris Ross at Chris.Ross@mfe.govt.nz
Salary ranges (as from 1 July 2021):
Analyst: $73,280 to $89,565 pa
Senior: $101,802 to $124,424 pa. Appointment within these ranges will be based on skills and experience.
Rā Katinga | Applications close: Sunday, 18 April 2021