Te Ao Hou Trust
We are looking for a Communications Advisor who wants to make a positive impact in our community. You will work with our Healthy Families East Cape team to create quality original content, engage with our partners, leadership group and communities in the social media space; and use your digital skills to support the management of our website.
Your role will be exciting and dynamic, and by driving our mahi you will have the ability to make a true difference in our community.
What’s it all about?
This role is about telling our story, creative thinking, doing things differently, social innovation and keeping sight of the big picture.
The Communications Advisor assists our Strategic Communications Manager and team to tell our story using a variety of tools including social media channels and our external website and intranet.
Your passion for our kaupapa here at Healthy Families East Cape will guide your ability to capture the work that we do and create meaningful content and stories that resonate with our community. Who are we looking for?
We’re looking for someone who has a range of qualities, including:
- An experienced and impactful Communications professional
- Someone who can think outside the box
- Excellent skills in spoken and written English, including writing for the web
- Demonstrated understanding of utilising social media to enhance communications
- Knowledge and experience in using digital tools
- Commitment to continuous learning and improving your personal skill set
You’ll also be highly motivated, outcomes driven, and act in an inclusive manner with integrity to ensure all cultural groups and community diversity is empowered.
The following attributes will be an added advantage:
- The ability to communicate in Te Reo Māori
- Strong community and stakeholder networks within the East Cape region (ideally in communications)
- Experience in creating rich content for variety of channels
View the PD Here – Healthy Families – Communications Advisor
What we can offer you
- This is a fixed term position to 30 June 2022
- 20 Hours per week
- Based in Opotiki.
You’ll be joining a close-knit and supportive team who are focused and dedicated to our kaupapa and whānau.
How to apply:
Applications close at 10am, 27th April 2021. To apply, you will need to complete a Te Ao Trust Application Form, and provide a cover letter and CV. You can request a JD and application form from email@example.com.