Senior Land Transport Planner
Gisborne District Council
Gisborne District Council works together with our communities to make our aspirations happen. Our community have told us about the importance of good quality infrastructure that enables them to live, work and play in our region.
We strive to ensure that our transport strategies, plans and policies are ready for the opportunities, challenges and pressures here and now and in the future for our network.
Our transport network is vast and we have a number of strategic challenges, as outlined in our Regional Land Transport Plan, to navigate through. Council has a varied work programme for the next 3 years that needs someone with transport planning experience to help drive it. To make this happen we are currently seeking a Senior Transport Planner to join our Strategic Planning Team.
To be successful in these roles you will demonstrate:
- At least four years of experience in a policy position within a government agency or the local government sector.
- Experience in transport policy.
- Knowledge of policy development processes and issues identification.
- Skills to engage and collaborate with stakeholders and mana whenua.
- Understanding of Te Tiriti o Waitangi (Treaty of Waitangi) as it relates to policy development.
- A sound understanding of transport issues, and a relevant tertiary qualification.
- A basic knowledge of working in partnership with tangata whenua or at least a willingness to learn.
We want you to become part of our incredible team to deliver our varied work programme.
Ultimately we are about delivering on our organisation’s vision of Piritahi Tairāwhiti – making our people proud.
This is great opportunity to have a hand in shaping the future of the Tairāwhiti Region.
If this sounds like you, please apply now with your resume and cover letter.
For further information or a confidential conversation please contact: Charlotte Knight, Principal Advisor Integrated Strategy.
Applications close: 10am Wednesday 28 April 2021.
Job Location Gisborne (Tūranga nui a Kiwa), New Zealand