Psychologists - Men's Group Treatment Programme
Vacancy Number: APA/1522384
Closing Date: 25th April 2021
Location: Auckland (Tamaki-makau-rau)
Recruitment Contact: - email@example.com
About the Job
Play a key role in the provision of specialist clinical assessment and treatment interventions for men in our management.
Ara Poutama Aoteraroa is committed to providing high quality psychological approaches to the people in our care and is recognised as an international leader in the field of offence-related interventions.
As part of Hokai Rangi, our strategy, you will directly contribute to our commitment to do better for Maori in our management.
Te Piriti Special Treatment Unit is a therapeutic community (in a minimum security setting) based at Auckland Prison. We provide group treatment interventions for men who have engaged in harmful sexual behaviours towards children. Te Piriti is committed to using psychological approaches to achieve positive social outcomes that make our communities safer.
Our team undertakes clinical assessments, individual and group treatment, provides supervision, advice, and training within Corrections, and consults with the NZ Parole Board and the Courts.
What we are looking for someone who:
- Is reliable and committed to evidence based practice approaches
- Is an excellent problem solver who can work across cultures
- Has strong communication skills
- Works well in a collaborative professional environment
What Te Piriti can offer you:
- An opportunity to implement services that are consistent with the Hōkai Rangi: Ara Poutama Aotearoa Strategy
- Working in a vibrant supportive team culture
- Neuropsychological and cognitive assessment opportunities
- Working with a range of people including those with a cognitive, learning or developmental disabilities
- In-depth training and mentoring in risk assessment and forensic treatment
- Regular clinical and cultural supervision
- Close working relationships with custodial staff and other internal and external stakeholders
- Ongoing professional development opportunities
- A competitive salary and structured advancement opportunities
This professional role calls for someone who is a registered psychologist with the NZ Psychologist Board in the clinical/counselling and general scope of practice.
We are open to receiving interest from any part of the world as long as your qualifications are registered with the New Zealand Psychologist Board. Relocation support is offered to successful overseas applicants, and may be available to the right NZ applicant.
Hear about the role of Psychologist - follow the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0EleGUvXR4
Mō mātou | About us
Ara Poutama Aotearoa is a name that has been gifted to us and is our commitment to improving the oranga and safety of the people, whānau, and that of the communities we serve across the motu.
As a values-led organisation, we use the principles of rangatira (leadership), manaaki (respect), wairua (spirituality), kaitiaki (guardianship) and whānau (relationships) to shape how we work and deliver the outcomes in our strategy - Hōkai Rangi (https://arapoutama.page.link/Eit5).
Tono ināianei | Apply Now
To apply, please submit a tailored CV and a cover letter (PDF) describing your motivation for joining the department highlighting relevant skills and experience. Alignment to our kaupapa is critical to our success - we ask that you provide examples which reflect and demonstrate our organisation values.
It is an exciting time to join us and we continue to seek out talented individuals who are committed to an inclusive, vibrant workplace. We recognise and celebrate the uniqueness of individuals, and that of the collective talent in our whānau. All applications must be submitted through our careers site to ensure transparency. Applications received via email will not be considered.