Whānau Kaitoko (Career Coach) - Whitiora
Te Rūnanga o Ngāi Tahu
Full time, Fixed Term (3 years)
- Are you passionate about people and unlocking their potential?
- Do you thrive on a challenge and are you seeking a new opportunity to have a real impact?
We are looking for diverse, heart driven Whānau Kaitoko (Career Coaches) to join a dynamic start-up dedicated to brokering work and training opportunities for Māori and Pasifika in Christchurch.
Whitiora is a newly established hapū owned entity that is excited to be serving the Ōtautahi community to achieve increased social and economic outcomes. Our purpose is to help build whānau rangatiratanga through practical career support, coaching and advice to achieve individual aspirations. We are the conduit that connects those looking for employment with those looking for employees. We meet whānau where they are at and support them to get to where they want to be, by providing access to immediate employment opportunities (surviving the present), upskilling and training for better opportunities (thriving in the future) and supporting whānau enterprise (shaping the future). We believe that through supporting whānau into well paid jobs, we will achieve a ripple effect of social and economic transformation for Māori and Pasifika communities.
Aroha ki te tangata is our driving force.
As a Whānau Kaitoko, you will support and foster individuals and whānau on their career journey, helping them to unlock their self-leadership and raise their aspirations. You will do this through coaching individuals and whānau and providing practical support to access work and/or training opportunities and provide ongoing coaching at career transition points. You will also have a key role in building new whānau relationships and identifying leads to reach the 'under-served' hard to reach communities.
Our Ideal Candidate/s:
We are looking to form a dream team, made up of professionals with a diverse and complementary mix of skills. Therefore, we'd love to hear from you if you are:
- seeking a new challenge
- passionate about creating social and economic change for our Māori and Pasifika communities and
- answer YES to at least one of the following attributes
- have relevant industry knowledge and/or existing and credible relationships
- have proven relationships and engagement skill, particularly with under-served and/or hard to reach sectors of the community
- have a resilient and energetic passion for aroha ki te tangata, committed to our kaupapa
- varied or diverse career experiences (across different sectors/industries)
- have experience in career advisory or coaching capacity
- have a knack for problem solving - seeing the path amongst the trees to get things done
- have a passion for people and their whānau
This is your opportunity to be in at the beginning of an ambitious social change journey to grow prosperity and aspiration in our communities.
Want to know more?
Please follow the link to find the position description, or for confidential enquiries please contact Jasmine Foster at Jasmine.Foster@whitiora.org.nz