Senior Experience Designer
We are looking for a Senior Experience Designer to join our team at Springload. You’ll use your deep expertise in Experience Design, to help make the things that matter, better. Join our team delivering complex and challenging projects from concept to delivery, to benefit people and the planet.
The Springload whānau is the largest digital agency in Wellington. We encourage our Springloaders to thrive at work and at home. We’ve got great clients, challenging projects, and a collaborative, friendly workspace. There’s always plenty of healthy snacks available, People’s Coffee brewing, and craft beer in the fridge. We’re passionate about sustainability and recently became a certified B Corporation, so we’re committed to walking the walk on our values.
Springload is part of Diversity Works — we celebrate different perspectives and we’re committed to creating an equal, inclusive, and diverse workplace. Our talent comes from all over the world and almost half of our staff are women.
Women, Māori and Pasifika, and members of the rainbow community are strongly encouraged to apply to our roles. At Springload, we know we’re doing better work for our end users and our clients if we have a diverse mix of people on our team. We want vibrancy, language, culture, experiences, and abilities to brighten up our office and bring diversity of thought to our team. If there is anything we can do to accommodate you to participate fully in the recruitment or interview process, please let us know by emailing email@example.com.
- a whānau friendly, flexible workplace
- a learning and growth budget to support your professional aspirations, and a wellness package to keep you physically and mentally fit
- a team of highly talented teammates who strive to create world-class experiences that make people's lives better
- opportunities to get involved in internal initiatives you care about, such as our sustainability group, bi-monthly waiata practice, and mental health chat
- a base in Wellington, the best city in Aotearoa New Zealand (and some say, the world)
- help with a work visa if you don’t yet have one — we’re an accredited employer with New Zealand Immigration.
You are passionate about research and human centred design, gaining a deep and thoughtful understanding for our audience, and you’ve developed your craft and critical thinking through study and professional experience. Your curiosity drives you to experiment and learn new skills, and you seek out feedback and use it to make your design better. You are proactive, collaborative and pick things up quickly, and have expertise working across a range of different organisations, projects and products.
You have a fundamental understanding (and love!) of experience design and design research. You love to learn more about other people, and collaborate with others to understand problems and co-create solutions. You prototype and test out your ideas with others, caring about usability, accessibility and inclusion.
You may have experience working with different cultures, with experience in working in a culturally affirming manner within a te ao Māori framework. This could include culturally affirming research practices, creating products that support systemic change, respectful (as a two way exchange) engagement, having considered conversations, and an understanding of te reo Māori.
For this role you’ll have:
- Bachelor of design, industrial design or related experience.
- 4-6 years experience preferably having experience with a leading agency or consultancy focused on user experience.
- experience planning and conducting requirements gathering activities to determine the purpose, goals and approach of client engagements. This includes assisting with understanding client’s needs and goals: developing client design briefs, road maps and co-facilitating discovery workshops and defining requirements.
- experience planning and conducting a broad range of discovery and evaluative research techniques to inform and validate design decisions
- ability to create, prototype, validate, iterate and communicate designs
- stakeholder management.
Other experiences we’d love:
- Designing and conducting research in a culturally affirming manner
- Experience in digital tools like Figma and Sketch
- Understanding of service Design and digital transformation
- Understanding of Waterfall and Agile methodologies and ability to work within both
- Agency experience