Caretaker - Mobile Patrol
Victoria University of Wellington
- Caretaker - Mobile Control, permanent, full-time
- Do you have excellent communication, relationship building and self-management skills?
- Are you interested in working in a collaborative and positive work environment with progression opportunities?
Kōrero mō te tūranga - about the role
Te Herenga Waka - Victoria University of Wellington is currently recruiting a Caretaker - Mobile Patrol to join the Campus Safety and Security team. If you like being part of the behind the scenes action, working in nights and making a material difference to the community we want to hear from you.
The role will be responsible for providing after-hours support for university operations with the main focus on security.
- To provide a range of services that support the safety and security of students, staff and guests on the University's campuses
- Ensure buildings are secure, general checks of buildings to identify any risks. Ie. ensure windows and doors are secured and heaters are off etc.
- To provide emergency and incident response
- To provide a range of caretaking services to the University community that ensures the smooth running of the campuses. For example: setting up rooms, cleaning whiteboards, checking furniture is in its dedicated place, managing the notice boards etc.
- Be the eyes and ears for other departments to ensure a smooth running of the university by providing information where things need attention/fixing
Mōu - about you
You will be a motivated, customer-focused individual who can take the initiative, provide excellent customer service and policy compliance.
You will be interested in learning what makes a large vibrant organisation tick and want to contribute to its daily life.
You will thrive in this role with an excellent manner with people, an ability to influence and manage conflict, strong attention to detail, and self-management skills.
You will be a self-starter that enjoys the quiet of working on their own and looks for productive things to keep busy.
- Outstanding people and communication skills including the ability to adjust to different audiences
- Ability to complete a dynamic risk assessment
- Capability to work as part of a team as well as having individual responsibilities
- Have a clean driver's licence
- Basic computer skills
- Previous security experience is desirable but not essential
This role is a rostered shift with two shift patterns. Hours of work are within the 7pm to 7am range, 7 days a week and 24/7 through the weekend.
There is sometimes overtime available to cover leave across the different security areas.
There is room for progression and training for other security roles is available.
Why you should join our team
Our team is fast-paced, likes working in a collaborative style and thrives in a positive environment. We pride ourselves on our problem solving and quality service delivery to our client base and are passionate about our emergency response capabilities.
Download the role description from our careers site.
Contact details for vacancy: If you have any questions regarding this role please get in touch with Nikki van der Wal 04 463 6714 or Nikki.firstname.lastname@example.org but applicants should follow all steps listed below.
Important - application steps and information
Download and complete the University Application Form from our careers site.
Click the Apply Now button at the base of the advert, follow the process to enter your contact details and add your CV in the online form.
For applicants who are not NZ Citizens or Permanent Residents, we recommend you check the NZ Immigration website for updates related to Covid19 restrictions on entry to New Zealand: https://www.immigration.govt.nz/about-us/covid-19
Please include a cover letter in your application, telling us why you’re a great fit for this position then email the completed application form, cover letter and any other supporting documentation to email@example.com stating the reference number and position title from the advert in the subject line.
Why you should join our team
Te Herenga Waka - Victoria University of Wellington is New Zealand's globally ranked capital city university, focused on engaging with Wellington, New Zealand, and the Asia-Pacific region and connecting with the world. The University values the expertise of its professional staff in supporting and enabling teaching, research and engagement activities.
Victoria University of Wellington is an EEO employer and actively seeks to meet its obligations under the Treaty of Waitangi. We care about your privacy and personal information. You can review the University's privacy notice or alternatively find out more about working at the University by viewing our website.
Applications close Sunday, 7 March 2021.